The Student Room Group

Easter revision

Hi! I’m in year 12 and I have all my AS exams before the may half term. I was planning on doing an hour and half of revision per day, everyday, during the Easter break, but I’m wondering if that’s not enough. How much do you guys think I should do?
Original post by Lugg13
Hi! I’m in year 12 and I have all my AS exams before the may half term. I was planning on doing an hour and half of revision per day, everyday, during the Easter break, but I’m wondering if that’s not enough. How much do you guys think I should do?

Hi @Lugg13,

Similarly to you, I also had trouble allocating adequate amounts of time to each subject- which made me worry if I wasn't doing enough. Instead of making my revision time-based, I tried making it goal-based. By this, I mean instead of aiming to do "90 minutes of revision everyday" I would try to aim to cover "one topic, per subject" everyday- and I would refer to my specification points for this.

In my opinion, by making my revision 'goal-based' I felt more confident that I was allocating equal amounts of time toward each subject. For some reason, I also felt more accomplished and productive ticking off a topic after a revision session knowing I covered the content adequately.

Best of luck!
Danish
BCU Student Rep
Of course, it's not enough. I usually have a 1-2 hour break; I just revise the rest of my time. And, of course, 8 hours of sleep.But I have 1-2 days off to spend time with the fam.
Reply 3
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @Lugg13,
Similarly to you, I also had trouble allocating adequate amounts of time to each subject- which made me worry if I wasn't doing enough. Instead of making my revision time-based, I tried making it goal-based. By this, I mean instead of aiming to do "90 minutes of revision everyday" I would try to aim to cover "one topic, per subject" everyday- and I would refer to my specification points for this.
In my opinion, by making my revision 'goal-based' I felt more confident that I was allocating equal amounts of time toward each subject. For some reason, I also felt more accomplished and productive ticking off a topic after a revision session knowing I covered the content adequately.
Best of luck!
Danish
BCU Student Rep

Thank you! That’s very helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending