The Student Room Group

revision over easter

hellooo all (:
how much revision are you guys aiming to do over the easter break (and what grades are u aiming for?). some people at my school are talking about doing absolutely crazy hours and i just want to get an idea of what a normal amount is tbh.
i'm aiming for 5-6h a day (for all 9's, currently predicted 9999999988) but it's less about learning content than ""feeling like i'm doing enough"" and besides i can get it all done by abt 1pm and have the rest of the day free.
Original post by stargirl333
hellooo all (:
how much revision are you guys aiming to do over the easter break (and what grades are u aiming for?). some people at my school are talking about doing absolutely crazy hours and i just want to get an idea of what a normal amount is tbh.
i'm aiming for 5-6h a day (for all 9's, currently predicted 9999999988) but it's less about learning content than ""feeling like i'm doing enough"" and besides i can get it all done by abt 1pm and have the rest of the day free.

I'm not doing GCSEs anymore but for reference I got 999988888 D D*. 5-6h a day is more than enough. Easter is an important time to revise but also to rest. If you aren't resting properly you're going to burn out quickly and then not be in the right state for may/june. If you do 5-6h it's better to split it into two sessions a day, it will feel more balanced. And take the weekends (or any two days per week) off because you will have still done more than 50h by the end
Original post by stargirl333
hellooo all (:

And realistically those people will not be able to manage that, it's not efficient either since it's most likely they'll just tire themselves out instead of actually retaining all the info. Revising is not about the hours spent but about the quality of those sessions and how frequent they are

Quick Reply

Latest