The Student Room Group

Can I crash nat5 Spanish?

I've never taken Spanish before apart from duolingo, my level on duolingo is equivalent to a nat3. I don't have any family members or anyone who speaks Spanish. I've simply just picked it up because I want to know a language and find it easier then French. Is Nat5 Spanish too difficult? Should I take nat4 instead?
Hi, probably depends which year you are in. If you have studied French before that will help. I'd speak to your languages department!
Reply 2
It's 100% doable! :smile: I'm in S4 currently doing Nat 5 spanish, and I'd say it's relatively easy to pick up. Unlike other subjects, in languages, you build up the skills constantly throughout the year. You get taught a bunch of vocabulary, and you will get loads of practice on how to tackle the questions. It's one of the only subjects where you can walk into the exam, knowing you have already banked around 32% of the course through the assignment and talk! You get a dictionary in the written exam, and for talking, it's just about memorization. Duolingo really helps with vocabulary even if you're not doing it at the same level, so don't worry! Hope this helps ❤️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending