The Student Room Group

Higher math without NAT 5

I want to get into medicine and I studied National 5 Apps of Math in s4 but now I’m in s5 and have jumped to Higher Math instead of Applications, is it possible for me to get an A? I’m already very confused, should I go over Nat5 in my own time?
Reply 1
Original post by Niamh2k7
I want to get into medicine and I studied National 5 Apps of Math in s4 but now I’m in s5 and have jumped to Higher Math instead of Applications, is it possible for me to get an A? I’m already very confused, should I go over Nat5 in my own time?

I wouldn't say it's impossible however it would be incredibly difficult. Higher builds a lot on N5 skills so you need to know both to do well. I would recommend doing N5 this year and then doing Higher in 6th year. not to say you can't do it but it would take a lot of work to find any success never mind an A
Original post by Niamh2k7

its possible, a relitave of mine done N5 apps and went straight to higher, but he had a bit it practice with n5. it is easy - he got an A.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending