The Student Room Group

Careers with a Biomedical Science Degree

Hey everyone, so I’m currently a final year Biomedical Science student and I’ll be graduating in summer. I’m thinking of doing a masters degree afterwards but would like to take a gap year to earn some money as well as work experience. What jobs/careers can obtain with my degree, or if you also have a Biomed degree, what are you doing now?
Original post by DiamondDia
Hey everyone, so I’m currently a final year Biomedical Science student and I’ll be graduating in summer. I’m thinking of doing a masters degree afterwards but would like to take a gap year to earn some money as well as work experience. What jobs/careers can obtain with my degree, or if you also have a Biomed degree, what are you doing now?

Hey @DiamondDia - how are you? :smile:

How's your final year going? I hope you've enjoyed your uni experience so far! We actually have a blog post on five careers for biomedical science graduates that you can check out here if you're interested. :smile:

Good luck with the rest of your studies.

Becky

Hey @DiamondDia :biggrin: I know a few people who've graduated with similar degrees. They work in fields such as drug manufacturing, for the NHS (my friend worked in the department that dealt with blood donations), and research for example. I also know someone who studied this at undergraduate level who then changed direction for her Masters and went in to Engineering which I thought was interesting!

There's definitely lots of options available to you. You should check what the careers service at your uni are able to support you with as they may have events running to help you connect with employers and explore new career paths!

Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Reply 3
Original post by University of Bradford
Hey @DiamondDia - how are you? :smile:

How's your final year going? I hope you've enjoyed your uni experience so far! We actually have a blog post on five careers for biomedical science graduates that you can check out here if you're interested. :smile:

Good luck with the rest of your studies.

Becky

Original post by University of Strathclyde
Hey @DiamondDia :biggrin: I know a few people who've graduated with similar degrees. They work in fields such as drug manufacturing, for the NHS (my friend worked in the department that dealt with blood donations), and research for example. I also know someone who studied this at undergraduate level who then changed direction for her Masters and went in to Engineering which I thought was interesting!

There's definitely lots of options available to you. You should check what the careers service at your uni are able to support you with as they may have events running to help you connect with employers and explore new career paths!

Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Thank you both, that blog was really interesting I’ll definitely look into them.
Some people with science degrees choose to go into intellectual property law, as expertise in an area such as biomedical science might mean you can better understand information about patents and products such as pharmaceuticals.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending