The Student Room Group

University of Bristol vs QMUL vs Newcastle University for CS

I have unconditional offers from the mentioned universities for computer science. Which university should I go for?
The one that has modules you want to study and good industrial experience provision. And in an area of the Country you feel happy living in.
Which course interests you the most - they will not be identical. Look carefully at the optional units for all years of each course. Think seriously about which ones would you choose if you went there.

Do any of these degrees include any sort of work experience or study abroad - this is highly valued by employers and will greatly to your graduate CV.

Think about where you are going to feel happiest. Think about the size and environment of each Uni and the cities involved, and the reality of living there. Which will suit you best.
Reply 3
Original post by totallyfine
The one that has modules you want to study and good industrial experience provision. And in an area of the Country you feel happy living in.

Would it make sense to go to a lower ranked university (I really like their program) and not bother about the rankings? They are a RG university but not ranked as high as these. Will I have any problems in terms of employability?
The majority of employers don't give a monkey's about rankings - all they care about is your degree, that you did more interesting things at Uni than just study and that you have 'relevant experience' for the job.

They do not not sift applications on 'Uni attended' or 'ooo look this one is a tiddly % above this one in the rankings'.
Exactly this. You are far more likely to get a better quality degree grade at one where you enjoy the course, and this will count for more

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending