The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Student Satisfaction

Hi all,
What's going on with University of Manchester's dentistry course in the last two years? Student satisfaction, according to UCAS, has dropped quite significantly again in 2023, and is well below the likes of Newcastle, Sheffield, Bristol, even Liverpool. What's happened, and is there something to be concerned about as a Y12 student who was pretty intent on applying for Manchester as my first choice?
Hi, I found those exact same stats to be pretty concerning too. I got unconditional offers from Manchester and Newcastle dentistry but in the end I've chosen NCL, with a large part of this being due to its extreme low satisfaction rates (37% vs NCL 95% i think??) - MCR was also my 1st choice before too!! I spoke to a recent 5th year graduate from MCR about her time there and she said that overall she thought the stats DO reflect how the students felt and that if she had to choose which uni to go to again she's not sure if she would put MCR down after going through her experience. Its a real shame bcos like I said it was previously my top top choice but at the end of the day I thought the satisfaction rates were just too low for me to be totally comfortable going there. After all, this is a 5 year degree so you need the very best teaching to get you through it :/

Hope this helps with your decision making !!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending