The Student Room Group

Marketing degree vs cim

Does completing a marketing degree mean you gain a CIM qualification as well or do you still need to pay to do a CIM

I'm starting to question if it's worth doing a marketing degree as most are paired with management which I don't particularly feel is worthless .

While I mainly see a lot degrees which say you can get in to pr , marketing ect I'm unsure however believe it is as alot of marketing jobs asking for a business or marketing degree .

One last question is it better to do a completely different subject and then study a marketing msc after

I dont want to be stuck in an industry I might not even like
Reply 1
My motivates for originally wanting to study a marketing /business degree is due to wanting something which is creative but can lead to different opportunities, gaining something I can apply tonreal life, going through different art and design courses but realises I'd probably be stuck in education if I can't make as a designer , realising while I like things like the idea of economics i probably wont like the careers it can lead to and although i enjoy sociology,psychology, forensic science and media i don't know if this could lead to a good career.

Marketing seems to be a bit creative bit everyone always focuses on management but I don't really want to be a standard manager .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending