The Student Room Group

Is it a waste to do a Business and Marketing degree without any accreditation?

I want to transfer to a Business and Marketing degree on distance learning but from what I’ve seen, none of these distance learning sites have accredited degrees. A lot of marketing degrees are expected to be accredited by CIM or PRME. These courses don’t show any accreditation whatsoever. Am I wasting my time without the accreditation is my question?
It depends on the reasons why you want to study the degree, your funding eligibility and any acccreditation requirements that the funder has.
I know some people who have done unaccredited business degrees online, none of them have any regrets about their studies.
Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by londonmyst
It depends on the reasons why you want to study the degree, your funding eligibility and any acccreditation requirements that the funder has.
I know some people who have done unaccredited business degrees online, none of them have any regrets about their studies.
Good luck!

Well I’m serious about marketing and know that’s where I want to be. I’m also considering on leaving the UK for UAE as marketing is in demand there, or even Australia. Do you think not having an accredited degree could hold me back in those situations? Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by londonmyst
Good luck!

I will also be paying for the degree myself, so I don’t need to worry about funding, but I’m more concerned about the long term after I graduate for what I want to do
Original post by Anonymous #1

Well I’m serious about marketing and know that’s where I want to be. I’m also considering on leaving the UK for UAE as marketing is in demand there, or even Australia. Do you think not having an accredited degree could hold me back in those situations? Thanks

I’m in the similar position as a year 13 student who has just applied for this type of degree that what to leave the uk after university but considering Australia or other countries that are in demand. What university do you attend currently
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I’m in the similar position as a year 13 student who has just applied for this type of degree that what to leave the uk after university but considering Australia or other countries that are in demand. What university do you attend currently

I’m currently at small college studying Business Management, the course is accelerated and accredited by a well known university. It’s proving to be far too difficult for me because it’s too much of a workload being accelerated.

I’m going to go for it regardless, if you look up how to get CIM accreditation you’ll realise you can get it in more than one way, but do look at that before you make your decision. At the end of the day, even if you can get the accreditation in other ways, it may still not be worth it to you to get a degree without it when so many do offer it. It’s up to you to consider everything and make your decision based on what you value in terms of the degree. Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending