The Student Room Group

Marketing and business or marketing and management degree

Marketing and business or marketing and management?

Currently looking at Kent for marketing and business and uea and Essex for marketing and management.

From what I understand, business is more broad than a management degree , I'm struggling to decide which would be better
Original post by Rose_99
Marketing and business or marketing and management?

Currently looking at Kent for marketing and business and uea and Essex for marketing and management.

From what I understand, business is more broad than a management degree , I'm struggling to decide which would be better

Hey,

In terms of your course, I think this will generally depend on what career you want to go in as to whether you choose to go down the business/management route. The Kent marketing course covers marketing, business and management and is accredited by the Chartered Insititute of Marketing (CIM). Whilst I didn't do the marketing course, I did an MSc in Organisational & Business Psychology at the University of Kent which involved some modules in the business school; I just wanted to add from my experience that the business school at Kent is great (triple accredited) and offers a wide range of opportunities and business connections. The lecturers I have met were also great and had a lot of industry experience.

While I don't really know anything about Essex, I hope I can offer some insight in regards to UEA vs Kent, as I actually completed my first year of my undergrad at UEA and years 2 and 3 (and postgrad) at the University of Kent. I transferred for personal reasons, but having been to both universities I'm really glad I was able to experience both. I really enjoyed my time at UEA and made some great friends, but I much preferred the teaching style at Kent and felt they were much more supportive and hands-on. The campus at Kent is also nicer in my opinion, as it's really close to Canterbury city centre but it sits on top of a hill, so feels very separate and has some amazing countryside views. UEA is bigger and felt slightly further away from Norwich city centre; all the second-year off-campus student houses when I did look were also quite far away from UEA, whereas at Kent there is a lot of student housing near the university. Norwich and Canterbury have similar vibes as cities, but from my experience, I think Canterbury is more diverse. The only thing I really preferred at UEA was the on-campus accommodation, but I've never stayed on campus at Kent so am probably biased there!

Hope this helps to inform your decision a little bit, and if you have any other questions definitely let me know! :smile:

Natalie
University of Kent Student Rep
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending