The Student Room Group

Reconsideration of applications

Hi all, I know it might be a very rare case but if anyone has done or heard about similar cases, please reply to this post.

So I got rejected by UCL and King’s not long ago, and the reason given by UCL was that my predicted grades were lower than what the course normally required. After seeing the reason, I knew something went wrong because the entry requirement for the course was A*AA(A* in math) and my predicted grades were supposed to be 4A*.

I called UCL today and they said my predicted grade for Math weren’t A*(and another subject as well). So i went to the teacher who was in charge of it and found out that my predicted grade for math was submitted with an A by mistake.

Is there any chance that if my school sends an official letter or some other form of message to UCL and proof that I am supposed to get an A* for my predicted grade would let UCL reconsider my application?

If you have or have heard anything like this, please share, thank you.
By mistake?
Very unlikely, and at this late stage no University is going to be interested in your story.

Your best course of action now is s now to work your socks off and get the highest grades you can, and then if you actually hit the 4* grades, reapply next year with achieved grades.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
By mistake?
Very unlikely, and at this late stage no University is going to be interested in your story.
Your best course of action now is s now to work your socks off and get the highest grades you can, and then if you actually hit the 4* grades, reapply next year with achieved grades.

Already got an A* and an A, and done the hard part for other 2 subjects which would make them A* as long as I don’t fail the easy parts.

Will try to write them an email and see if they could reconsider my application, if not, then I might try the clearing system at the end or go to Australia instead
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by CharlieWx
Already got an A* and an A, and done the hard part for other 2 subjects which would make them A* as long as I don’t fail the easy parts.
Will try to write them an email and see if they could reconsider my application, if not, then I might try the clearing system at the end or go to Australia instead

UCL dont usually enter clearing. You would be best following the good advice already given. It is highly unlikely they will give you an offer. Their courses are heavily over subscribed,
Get your school to notify UCL of the error.

Many unis won't consider after the fact amendments, so you are relying on a bit of goodwill but there is no harm in trying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending