The Student Room Group

A level help (once again)

guys I want to do classics or anything related to ancient history in uni so so bad but no schools near me offer ancient history as an a level 😭😭
so I know I definitely want to do English literature but I have no idea about the other two?? I could choose history but then I have no clue what else I would choose
what would be a good option to go with eng lit and history?
Reply 1
Original post by rafaelaaacortez
guys I want to do classics or anything related to ancient history in uni so so bad but no schools near me offer ancient history as an a level 😭😭
so I know I definitely want to do English literature but I have no idea about the other two?? I could choose history but then I have no clue what else I would choose
what would be a good option to go with eng lit and history?

It could be whatever. If those are your interests and what you want to do at uni, just choose something you’re already good at or will enjoy as your third. Especially for a course like classics or history at uni, there are usually no specific subject entry requirements. Although, if you want to do classics, it would be helpful to study Latin, Ancient Greek or classical civilisation at A-Level.
Original post by aarank
It could be whatever. If those are your interests and what you want to do at uni, just choose something you’re already good at or will enjoy as your third. Especially for a course like classics or history at uni, there are usually no specific subject entry requirements. Although, if you want to do classics, it would be helpful to study Latin, Ancient Greek or classical civilisation at A-Level.

I already do ancient history for gcse, so do you think that would be helpful since i can’t do it for a level?

Quick Reply

Latest