The Student Room Group

Finished a levels

So I just finished my a levels and I thought I would be happy since you know I’d be stress free and I wouldn’t have to worry about school anymore but for some reason I feel sad. My secondary experience wasn’t even that great but I feel this weird sadness in me and now I don’t know what to do. I think it’s also cause I’m so scared for the jump to uni, any advice?
Original post by moomoa
So I just finished my a levels and I thought I would be happy since you know I’d be stress free and I wouldn’t have to worry about school anymore but for some reason I feel sad. My secondary experience wasn’t even that great but I feel this weird sadness in me and now I don’t know what to do. I think it’s also cause I’m so scared for the jump to uni, any advice?

When I finished my A levels last year, the first thing I did (after checking the relevant TSR thread lmao) was find a nice distraction for myself.

I took myself for quite a long walk, had a few glasses of wine once I got back and sat down to take some time to just decompress.

If you have a hobby that you’ve put aside over the last few years, maybe now is the time to pick it up again.
Reply 2
Original post by moomoa

Heya!
It's normal to experience mixed emotions after completing a significant chapter of your life like A-levels. Take time to appreciate your accomplishments and the hard work you put into your A-levels. Celebrate your successes and the milestones you've reached :h: I would also recommend researching your uni! Explore your chosen field of study, read about campus life, and familiarise yourself with the resources available to you. This can help alleviate some of the anxiety associated with the transition!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest