The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan much higher than expected

I had my student finance approved this morning and received the maximum amount, for living away from home outside London (£10,227) when I should be, based on parents income, more around the minimum amount. Will they lower this later? Should I do anything about this? I don’t want to be stuck later down the line if I have been overpaid?
Original post by User7435
I had my student finance approved this morning and received the maximum amount, for living away from home outside London (£10,227) when I should be, based on parents income, more around the minimum amount. Will they lower this later? Should I do anything about this? I don’t want to be stuck later down the line if I have been overpaid?

Hi there,

Can you please confirm your age? How much did your parents earn in the 22/23 tax year?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,
Can you please confirm your age? How much did your parents earn in the 22/23 tax year?
Thanks, Graeme

Hi Graeme,
I’m 18 and combined they earned around £80/90,000 I’m pretty sure
Hi there. Is this amount showing during your application process or have you been sent an entitlement letter confirming this is what you will be awarded? Thanks, David
Reply 4
Original post by David SLC
Hi there. Is this amount showing during your application process or have you been sent an entitlement letter confirming this is what you will be awarded? Thanks, David

Hi, this amount is shown on both my account and my entitlement letter
Original post by User7435
Hi, this amount is shown on both my account and my entitlement letter

Hi there,

From what you have advised it sounds like their is a mistake somewhere. We would suggest calling us on 0300 100 0607 and we can check your application.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending