The Student Room Group
recently some good movies i've seen;

Hiroshima Mon Amor
Bicycle Thieves
Dead Man's Shoes

I could actually go on and on and on, but I can't be bothered because I just noticed how appalling your use of exclamation marks is.
blades of glory - it's just amazing :yes:
Reply 3
REC, Todo Sobre Mi Madre.
Is this a general question or just to film students?

I applied to Warwick as well for film & televison.
Reply 4
Well I've seen a bit like i know Buneul and Herzog's work pretty extensively and a reasonable knowledge of Ingmar Bergman and avant garde cinema and stuff...... just wanted to know any good films anyone else had seen and advice on what to use interviews really.....

Oh and to the person who complained about the exclamation marks........ have some of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......................!........!
Reply 5
Harold and Kumar get the munchies.
try and watch some foreign films? its something different and a good discussion point...
I can see my entire DVD collection from here [well, the ones I consider worthwhile]:

The Aristocrats (Don't for the LIFE OF YOU bring this up in an interview...but by all means watch it).
Casshern
Francis Ford Copolla's "Bram Stoker's Dracula"
Ken Brannagh's "Mary Shelley's Frankenstein"
Friday Night Lights
Garden State
Grave of the Fireflies
Guillermo Del Toro's "Pan's Labyrinth", "Cronos" and "The Devil's Backbone"
Jubilee
Kama Sutra (It's a half decent Indian film...)
The Libertine
My Neighbour Totoro
Quadrophenia
Reservoir Dogs
Ronin
Sexy Beast (Ray Winston and Ben Kingsley...how much more Cockney Geezah can you get?)
Twenty-Four Hour Party People
Vampyros Lesbos (A cult German film about...well...Lesbian vampires. I watched it once and died laughing. Art-kitsch and psychedelia galore).
Y Tu Mama Tambien

So, erm, yeah. Go for it. Although, if you're applying for Film, surely you should have a bloody good idea of what's going on? It's like applying for English having only read Harry Potter...
Reply 8
Well thing is i know quite a bit just wondered if anyone could add to it. seen or at least heard of most of the films mentioned (Aristocrats is the one where all the stand-ups do the old aristocrats joke?) just wondered if anyone had any good ones i may or may not have heard of. but yeah thanks!
Bring up The Usual Suspects...everyone loves that film :smile:
Also,
Fight Club (how the story is manipulated, etc.)
The Godfather (This is a MUST!)
Guillermo Del Toro as a director (the imagery created, use of language, etc,) - Pans Labyrinth is an obvious choice as it's awesome, but Devils Backbone is equally amazing. I haven't seen Cronos yet :frown:
Battle Royale
Amelie
Old style horror/zombie films - media people generally love these xD
If you bring up Zombie horror, you have to mention George A. Romero
Just get some more knowledge!
titanomachy
recently some good movies i've seen;

Hiroshima Mon Amor
Bicycle Thieves
Dead Man's Shoes

I could actually go on and on and on, but I can't be bothered because I just noticed how appalling your use of exclamation marks is.

Dead Man's Shoes is brilliant :yep:
City of God =]
Reply 12
this reminds me. have any one seen any really good german (in german obviously) films?

im trying to get my boyfriends christmas present sorted...
Reply 13
know quite a bit about German films, especailly from the 70', but the one most people seem to have seen is 'the lives of others'. is it that one?
Reply 14
about commusim? in eastern germany?
Reply 15
know quite a bit about German films, especailly from the 70', but the one most people seem to have seen is 'the lives of others'. is it that one?

we watched that together. its really good (Y).
have you seen anything else?
Reply 16
I've seen quite a bit... sort of did this thread to see what everyone else has seen.... cause like i don't really need help with interview got loads of films to talk about just was curious to know what other people knew about film... and your all pretty good.... if you want to get into German film watch 'Aguire the Wrath of God' or any other of Wener Herzog's films or 'fear eats the soul' by Fassbinder. there from the 70's but still amazing! Actully wings of desires by... Wim wendes is a good starting point for getting into German cinema... but to be fair it has become a bit of a coffe table film.... still good though! remakes meant to be crap with nick cage
Reply 17
nicky_innit

Old style horror/zombie films - media people generally love these xD
If you bring up Zombie horror, you have to mention George A. Romero
Just get some more knowledge!

Definately, especially night of the living dead. For my BU interview I spent ages chatting about it's underlying messages.

Latest

Trending

Trending