The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Its a bit weak when it comes to composition - I think performance and musicology are fairly strong though.

Nottingham has been a top music uni since my 6th form (nearly retired) music teacher applied for music. Its a solid institution... though I would spit in the face of league tables. Make sure you know the course before you go... music is one of the most diverse for its courses... (goldsmiths and r. holloway were my other choices.)

PM if you want any more info.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Daydreams
Its a bit weak when it comes to composition - I think performance and musicology are fairly strong though.

Nottingham has been a top music uni since my 6th form (nearly retired) music teacher applied for music. Its a solid institution... though I would spit in the face of league tables. Make sure you know the course before you go... music is one of the most diverse for its courses... (goldsmiths and r. holloway were my other choices.)

PM if you want any more info.

yey :biggrin: im glad its strong in the performance category, thats my strong point :biggrin: and im pretty dismal at composition :s-smilie: do you know what the average performance level is for freshers?? it says you need to grade 8, and i got grade 8 with distinctino (just) in Dec 07, but i'm quite worried that it won't be good enough if i choose to do the performance modules.

oo and also, do you know if you can study abroad with music at all? i asked them about it on the open day and they didn't seem too sure, i think they just said that its only possible if you do joint music with german (which im not doing)

Latest

Trending

Trending