The Student Room Group

Weird query please help!!

Hi guys,

Now this is a weird query, but I really need some help. I am a first year undergrad doing BSc Biomedical Science at pompey. Now I want to do medicine. I have done International Baccalaureate before but I did not study chemistry. Is it possible to do a chemistry AS or full A level now along with my biomedical sci. course and in my second year apply for a 5 yrs. MBBS?

Can this be done? If I also do BMAT and UKCAT alongside, would that help? Please help if anyone has done this before or know if this works. Also great if you could add any other tips.

Thanks all!

Cheers..:smile:
furishinzui
Hi guys,

Now this is a weird query, but I really need some help. I am a first year undergrad doing BSc Biomedical Science at pompey. Now I want to do medicine. I have done International Baccalaureate before but I did not study chemistry. Is it possible to do a chemistry AS or full A level now along with my biomedical sci. course and in my second year apply for a 5 yrs. MBBS?

Can this be done? If I also do BMAT and UKCAT alongside, would that help? Please help if anyone has done this before or know if this works. Also great if you could add any other tips.

Thanks all!

Cheers..:smile:

Can't you check with someone at your uni? It is possible to do an A-level independently if that is your main concern...
Reply 2
It's been said once and i'll say it again. NEVER apply when you haven't finished your course in uni! If you want to apply for the 5 year (or 4 year) apply in your final year and get predicted a 2:1 or 1st
Reply 3
As said, finish your degree first. get high 2:1 or 1st then apply for graduate entry (4 years, more competitive) or the 5 year.
UKCAT and BMAT are admissions tests. Which test you do depends what unis you apply to (you may end up doing both). Google it.

Latest

Trending

Trending