The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why isn't there a 'pride' for Paedophiles, too?

You know this thing that's called 'gay pride' - well, if being a homosexual was genetic and not chosen, then there is a 'gay pride'; it is also assumed that being a paedophile is a feature that one is born with - then why isn't there a 'paedophile pride' - scientists say that it is a sexual orientation after-all.
It is also a minority that had always been condemned/persecuted; just like homosexuals where once upon a time (and still are today in parts of the world).

Yes - this sounds like a mad-man idea, but if paedophilia was really down to the individual's genetic make-up, then why not flaunt it?
It doesn't mean having kids there or anything - just gaining the right to be proud of who you really are.

P.S.: I'm not a paedophile - just being open-minded.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You could also ask why there isn't pride for 'rapists'. There's nothing to be proud of when you're a paedophile.
Reply 2
because 2 consenting gay adults are not lusting after kiddies.

are you actually asking this?
Reply 3
Good call, I think generally because by persecuting it people feel its manifestation can be minimized. Sadly i think they are probably right.
because they would all get lynched! also, there is no proof that it is genetic.
Reply 6
Actually I think there is; I remember hearing something about it on the news a few years ago... see here.
Reply 7
what pride can you take from sexing little kids, whether its mutual or not
its still illegal
Reply 8
You can't be born one, seeing that if you lust over another when you're young, the other would be young too. Only when you get older it develops, no?
Ramadulla
P.S.: I'm not a paedophile - just being open-minded.

LMAO :lolz:
Reply 10
Perhaps because the difference is when you are a Paedophile you are breaking the law? Where as when you're gay you are not :confused:
Jesus...it's common sense....
Reply 11
electriic_ink

lmao i thought you were actually being serious. I feel such a fool for clicking on that link.
Reply 12
I know what you mean, but the difference between homosexuals and bisexuals is that homosexuality hurts nobody. Paedophiles are merely the victims of fate, the only way they can ever get sexual pleasure from another is through rape and taking advantage of the defenseless. And because of current day taboos, even BEING a paedophile without having hurt anyone still will get you considered evil, because people are... mean. So flaunting your paedophilia would get you heavily discriminated against and probably killed... Which is another reason there's no paedophile pride.
I don't think paedophilia is comparable to homosexuality. It is different because in paedophilia only one of the counterparts is sexually attracted to the other, in homosexuality both are. I mean do you know of many five year olds who are sexually attracted to old men? I don't think so..

I wouldn't call you open-minded for thinking paedophiles deserve their own parade - i think you're taking the easy way out; with that kind of moral judgement you can pretty much allow everything --> even psychotic killers should have their own parades, am i right??
There is and that is the problem.

There are various online chat forums for these people, pedo pride support groups, which act as echo chambers and distort the various issues surrounding the illegality and immoral behavior of pedophilia to such an extent that they are warped and these deranged people actually begin to believe that what they do is actually not wrong or evil but just and good.

They now believe they are campaigning for the sexual rights of children and compare themselves to various civil rights movements.
Paedophiles (I don't mean an adult and a 15 year old, I mean young children) in 99% of cases don't have their victims consent, they are too young to understand what sex is, and they are 'victims', not a willing sexual partner.

Sex between two gay people can be consentual. Sex between a man/woman and a child cannot be, because they are too young both physically and mentally to understand what sex is.

You can be proud to be gay because you can be in a loving relationship with someone, whether they are same sex is irrelevant. Paedophelia is just a sexual preference for children - and there is no "pride" to be found in that, whether it is a conscious choice or not.
Reply 16
nambla
Reply 17
Paedophiles shouldn't be ashamed of their paedophilia and neither should queers be ashamed of their orientation. I wish this pride nonsense would stop though.
Reply 18
Isn't there NAMBLA? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAMBLA

Woops, beaten to it
Reply 19
The issue with paedophilia is the lack of consent... At what age do we say children/adolescents/people are no longer impressionable and can make up their own mind and make an informed decision?

Latest

Trending

Trending