The Student Room Group

Last minute: having trouble deciding 5th UCAS slot

Hello knowledgeable TSR'ers!

I'm an IB student predicted at a 41 (with EE/TOK) looking to fill my final UCAS slot. My other courses are as follows:

LSE - International Relations (req. 38)
St. Andrew's - International Relations (req. 38)
SOAS - Development Studies with Politics (req. 36)
UCL - Urban Planning, Design, Management (req. 32)

So...my question is, in terms of course strength (and partially aesthetic qualities of the uni - I'm a girl who loves her architecture): which of the following courses should I choose? I have not visited RH and QM.

Royal Holloway - Politics and International Relations (req. 34)
Queen Mary - International Relations (req. 32)
Edinburgh - International Relations (req. 34) (Didn't really like the school though...applying more for the course itself)

Anyway, thanks for your input and I really appreciate it!
QMUL. Very good for social sciences.
Reply 2
Have you considered Aberystwyth? They're got a really good reputation for IR.
Reply 3
Hmm yes, I've heard excellent things about them but I'd prefer to stay in London or go to Scotland. Maybe next time :wink:
bluebubbles
Hmm yes, I've heard excellent things about them but I'd prefer to stay in London or go to Scotland. Maybe next time :wink:

When is next time??
Reply 5
A time far, far away....as in, another life.
Reply 6
Well at least I HOPE it's far, far away...
Reply 7
Are you sure you're able to incorporate enough urban planning (which does have political content, I know) into what's probably an IR-heavy statement?
Reply 8
Edinburgh
Reply 9
Why aren't you very keen on Edinburgh (as a university)?
Reply 10
Edinburgh.
Reply 11
Hey guys, I ended up picking Edinburgh and sent in my app today. Very excited! Thanks for the input!

It was between that and Royal Holloway and it ended up being Edi for the simple reason that RH does not have the joint-course that I really want. I wasn't too keen on applying for politics.

Latest

Trending

Trending