The Student Room Group

Clearing

Which russel group uni usually has the most spaces for accounting and finance in clearing?
Reply 1
It doesnt have to be 'in Clearing' - and don't get hung-up on RG, it doesnt mean anything important.
Look on UCAS search now - there may be courses still open.

As an example :
A&F at Bath is still open for International applicants only. Accounting & Management at Bath is still open for both UK and International applicants. Bath is a target Uni for employers.
Reply 2
Newcastle and Sheffield were both in clearing last year, not sure if they had spaces on the degree you are interested in. Other RG unis did not need to enter clearing at all last year e.g. Birmingham, Bristol.
Reply 3
Original post by mike23mike
Newcastle and Sheffield were both in clearing last year, not sure if they had spaces on the degree you are interested in. Other RG unis did not need to enter clearing at all last year e.g. Birmingham, Bristol.

Was Nottingham or Leicester in clearing last year
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
It doesnt have to be 'in Clearing' - and don't get hung-up on RG, it doesnt mean anything important.
Look on UCAS search now - there may be courses still open.

As an example :
A&F at Bath is still open for International applicants only. Accounting & Management at Bath is still open for both UK and International applicants. Bath is a target Uni for employers.

How do I look on UCAS search now as clearing dosent open till the 5th of July
Original post by AC28

If you search using the filter 'Show courses with vacancies', you can see which courses still have spaces now and are open to applications.
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by AC28

Exactly as @normaw says, and you don't need to wait until 5th July to apply. You can apply now if they have vacancies.
Reply 7
Original post by normaw
If you search using the filter 'Show courses with vacancies', you can see which courses still have spaces now and are open to applications.

thanks, also how lenient are unis do u think a uni like uni or Nottingham, Leicester or Queen Mary’s will be lenient
Original post by AC28
thanks, also how lenient are unis do u think a uni like uni or Nottingham, Leicester or Queen Mary’s will be lenient

The uni's will only be able to decide that when they process this years A-level results.
Reply 9
Original post by Admit-One
The uni's will only be able to decide that when they process this years A-level results.

Ahh thanks but how leanings where the unis last year do u know?
Reply 10
Original post by AC28
Ahh thanks but how leanings where the unis last year do u know?

That wont tell you anything.

It isn't about 'leniency' - its about everyone else's results, how many places are taken by those who do meet their offers, and how many spaces - if any - are left to be filled by 'near miss' offer holders. Since no-one has a clue what all the A level results will look like at this stage, there is no way anyone can guesstimate this. Like everyone else, you will just have to be patient and wait until August.
Original post by AC28
Which russel group uni usually has the most spaces for accounting and finance in clearing?

Hi there!

I would just like to add, please don't worry if you can't get a place at a RG uni. That is only one factor in choosing universities, which is actually losing its importance over the years, in my personal experience.

Other things to consider are things like location. Do you see yourself living comfortably in the town you're considering? Also read up on the modules offered by each university. They always differ, and one particular uni might interest you more over the others :wink:

Hope this helps.

Marko
BSc Accounting and Finance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending