The Student Room Group

Bursaries and Scholarships to Grammar school (sixth form)

Scroll to see replies

bla_bla
no point in even applying, u'll be wasting ur time.. straight rejection for u

Well thanks a lot, and how do you know this exactly?
Reply 21
If your dad is well off then there may be a problem as his income may be taken into account. If he provides support for you then it could be an issue.
Reply 22
Sensei Ju
If your dad is well off then there may be a problem as his income may be taken into account. If he provides support for you then it could be an issue.
im not that rich, and no i dont provide support for her so it should be ok :/
Reply 23
Do you know which school you want to go to?
xxstace123xx
Royal Grammar school.

http://www.rgs.newcastle.sch.uk/home/

assuming it's this one, it clearly states that it's an independent school and not a grammar school.
Reply 25
My friend got a scholarship to RGS a few years back, Stace. As far as I'm aware she had to sit some tests and had an interview with the headteacher. She got in as well, and is now at Oxford, so good luck to you! Hope you get it :smile:
wow, it's years ago~ did you get into Newcastle RGS or not??? I want to apply for bursaries as welll
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by GeschwindGewinnt
wow, it's years ago~ did you get into Newcastle RGS or not??? I want to apply for bursaries as welll

No, I got over myself and went to my local college and got 3 A grade A-levels haha!

I do not even remember posting this!
Original post by xxstace123xx

No, I got over myself and went to my local college and got 3 A grade A-levels haha!

I do not even remember posting this!

I think I should get over myself as well,
Newcastle college?
three A grades,mhh, thats so good!
I think I should get over myself as well,
Newcastle college?
three A grades,mhh, thats so good!

Yes, Newcastle College :smile: Apparently the teaching has gone a bit down hill since all the funding cuts.

Anyway, I think education is what you take out of it, I wouldn't have got good grades without doing lots of extra work and revision!
Yes, Newcastle College :smile: Apparently the teaching has gone a bit down hill since all the funding cuts.

Anyway, I think education is what you take out of it, I wouldn't have got good grades without doing lots of extra work and revision!

[h="3"]what grades did you get for your GCSEs?[/h]
[h="3"]what grades did you get for your GCSEs?[/h]

Not fantastic! Well when I had to pick my GCSE's, the school convinced me to do BTEC's (ICT and Business), they told me they were the same as getting 4 GCSE's each (as I did Diploma's). So I do not really have a lot of GCSE's.

But,

English Literature A*
English Language, Maths, Science core A
Science Additional, Drama B.

Then I got Distinction* in both of the Diplomas, they were useful, but a lot of places do not recognise them as GCSE's.
Not fantastic! Well when I had to pick my GCSE's, the school convinced me to do BTEC's (ICT and Business), they told me they were the same as getting 4 GCSE's each (as I did Diploma's). So I do not really have a lot of GCSE's.

But,

English Literature A*
English Language, Maths, Science core A
Science Additional, Drama B.

Then I got Distinction* in both of the Diplomas, they were useful, but a lot of places do not recognise them as GCSE's.

i went to their interview today, i did really bad, questions were really easy but i cant remember the answers. so give up now. and my result wasnt very good. uhhhh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending