The Student Room Group

St dominics, henrietta barnett, RMS, parmiters or girls grammar??

i got an offer from St dominics, henrietta barnett, RMS, parmiters and girls grammar and im so lost which one to accept.
henrietta barnett is like 2 hours drive from where i live and st doms is prefferable for me but i got a scholarship to rms so im not sure where to go?? can anyone suggest pros and cons for each school and which u would pick and why?? of course it all depends on my gcse results but i need to accept the conditional offers n idk which one to accept!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I go to Doms so ask whatever you like about that. If you got a scholarship for rms, I would chose that tbh. But it's up to you. How far away is rms from where you live?
Reply 2
Original post by amazz
I go to Doms so ask whatever you like about that. If you got a scholarship for rms, I would chose that tbh. But it's up to you. How far away is rms from where you live?

st doms is super far away from me - i have to take the train then walk for 45 mins and idk if its worth it u know. but yh i got a scholarship to rms and its like half an hour drive from me but idk i went there and i felt like i didnt fit in. a bunch of people said st doms isnt worth it tho so im so lost coz i really wanted to go there tbh - but is it true that u get ur own personal tutors at st doms?
Reply 3
Original post by ayeshaazmat
st doms is super far away from me - i have to take the train then walk for 45 mins and idk if its worth it u know. but yh i got a scholarship to rms and its like half an hour drive from me but idk i went there and i felt like i didnt fit in. a bunch of people said st doms isnt worth it tho so im so lost coz i really wanted to go there tbh - but is it true that u get ur own personal tutors at st doms?
everyone gets tutors, but they’re like form tutors, and you have to meet with them for an one-to-one at least once every half term, I think. But you can go and talk to them whenever tbh.
If you can be bothered to go on such a long journey every day and you preferred doms, then go for it. I think all the open days are over, but maybe just try visiting both schools again to try and figure out which you prefer. I think there’s a bake sale at doms on the 18th April. I’ll have to double check but it’s open to the general public so you could try to go to things like that to get a better feel for the school. See if anything similar is going on at RMS that you could attend.
Reply 4
Original post by amazz
everyone gets tutors, but they’re like form tutors, and you have to meet with them for an one-to-one at least once every half term, I think. But you can go and talk to them whenever tbh.
If you can be bothered to go on such a long journey every day and you preferred doms, then go for it. I think all the open days are over, but maybe just try visiting both schools again to try and figure out which you prefer. I think there’s a bake sale at doms on the 18th April. I’ll have to double check but it’s open to the general public so you could try to go to things like that to get a better feel for the school. See if anything similar is going on at RMS that you could attend.

Thank you so much 🙂
Original post by amazz
offer holders were invited to a seminar thing where you can go and ask questions on the 17-18th of April
Reply 6
Original post by Harcheung
offer holders were invited to a seminar thing where you can go and ask questions on the 17-18th of April

oh yeah i got invited to that but i cant make it
Guys does anyone know if doms offers a bursary and how to obtain one, because it might be beneficial for me. Also, ummm how hard will it be to make new friends at doms, as most of my friends are going claremont harris or staying in my sixth form. And uhh, did anyone attend the seminar at 5pm today?
Original post by battle_machine07
Guys does anyone know if doms offers a bursary and how to obtain one, because it might be beneficial for me. Also, ummm how hard will it be to make new friends at doms, as most of my friends are going claremont harris or staying in my sixth form. And uhh, did anyone attend the seminar at 5pm today?

I went today

yes st doms do offer bursaries for 16 - 19 yr olds and u can contact them on : mailto:[email protected]
i didnt go to the seminar 2day but they sent an email about what they were talking about in the seminar
hope that helps
yes st doms do offer bursaries for 16 - 19 yr olds and u can contact them on : mailto:[email protected]
i didnt go to the seminar 2day but they sent an email about what they were talking about in the seminar
hope that helps

woah ty you're a legend. Congrats on getting accepted into 3 stellar colleges. That's madd.
woah ty you're a legend. Congrats on getting accepted into 3 stellar colleges. That's madd.

awww - thank you so much, you're so sweet xx
Good luck 🙂
awww - thank you so much, you're so sweet xx
Good luck 🙂

I would say good luck to you too,but haahahha you don't need it 🤣 . seriously tho np, idk many ppl tbh that are as proactive and diligent as you to find the information themselves, so really i must thank you xx
(edited 1 week ago)
I would say good luck to you too,but haahahha you don't need it 🤣 . seriously tho np, idk many ppl tbh that are as proactive and diligent as you to find the information themselves, so really i must thank you xx
My pleasure xx
I mean if u got into st doms too, it means ur probably hardworking and smart too - so maybe c u there?
trust me i need luck too - i have my gcses in less than a month and am stressing out that i havent even started revising yet coz i feel so lazy for some reason - all i do is procrastinate and waste time
My pleasure xx
I mean if u got into st doms too, it means ur probably hardworking and smart too - so maybe c u there?
trust me i need luck too - i have my gcses in less than a month and am stressing out that i havent even started revising yet coz i feel so lazy for some reason - all i do is procrastinate and waste time

omd yeah same hahahha. We need to stop procrastinating, but i thnk we're gonna be alright, just keep doing what ur doing. And hopefully cya there.
omd yeah same hahahha. We need to stop procrastinating, but i thnk we're gonna be alright, just keep doing what ur doing. And hopefully cya there.

cya 😊 xx
cya 😊 xx

ooh what subjects are you thinking of doing? Im planning on econ politics maths and maybe fm.
ooh what subjects are you thinking of doing? Im planning on econ politics maths and maybe fm.

what? further maths!!? 😱 I'm thinking of maths, chemistry and biology since I want to go into the medical field - but im not sure if i should stick to 3 or do 4 - as a 4th i might do english probs but still debating about it...
what field do u want to go into in the future ?
what? further maths!!? 😱 I'm thinking of maths, chemistry and biology since I want to go into the medical field - but im not sure if i should stick to 3 or do 4 - as a 4th i might do english probs but still debating about it...
what field do u want to go into in the future ?

Hahaahhaha. Im considering going into econ seems interesting or maybe politics if it isn't too troublesome. Politics I've heard is dangerous game, but ykw else is... medicine. Medicine is not for the weak, so stay calm. (my sister went into medicine). Good luck in what you wish to do in the future tho. I'm sure you'll be something great one day.
Hahaahhaha. Im considering going into econ seems interesting or maybe politics if it isn't too troublesome. Politics I've heard is dangerous game, but ykw else is... medicine. Medicine is not for the weak, so stay calm. (my sister went into medicine). Good luck in what you wish to do in the future tho. I'm sure you'll be something great one day.

yh true - i wanted to go into politics but then I thought its kinda hard to please everyone and there will always be a bunch of people against u and many politicians get murdered so i thought id go into medicine - although i really hate diseases and blood and stuff but i really do want to help heal people but hopefully i'll get stronger with experience...
tysm - good luck 2 u as well and if u do fm for a levels then even more good luck coz im struggling with it at gcses and regretting picking it ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending