The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

janman
ive gathered some past questions from jan 06 - jan 08 to see what sort of question can come up in this jan paper. all i can say is i have no idea!!!

Any trends? Do the questions usually change in consecutive years?
[if not, remember we have to account for 'stolen paper' incidences :rolleyes:]
Reply 41
does anyne know wat came up in the june 08 paper for relatioships, social cognition and sleep
nafi...
does anyne know wat came up in the june 08 paper for relatioships, social cognition and sleep

Kirsty007 provided the relationships and sleep June 08 questions earlier on:

kirsty007
heres the questions from the june 08 aqa a psychology paper:

RELATIONSHIPS

a) Outline two or more theories of formation and/or maintenance of relationships (eg. reward/need satisfaction, social exchange theory) (12)

b) Evalutae one of the theories of the formation and/or maintenance of relationships that you have outlined in your answer to part (a) (12)

BIO RHYTHMS, SLEEP AND DREAMING

a) Describe research into biological rhythms (eg. citcadian, infradian, ultradian) (12)

b) Consider the consequnces of disrupting biological rhythms (eg. shift work, jet lag) (12)

Reply 43
L'amourantDeLaPenguin
Any trends? Do the questions usually change in consecutive years?
[if not, remember we have to account for 'stolen paper' incidences :rolleyes:]

lol, well in jan 05
2) relationships was on interpersonal attraction.
3) the social question was on media influences on pro social behavior.
5) the sleep and dreams on was on nature of dreams (content, duration , etc etc)

june 05
2)explanations of love
3)human alturism and bystander behavior
5)biological rhythms

jan 06
2) formation and maintenance on relationships
3) psychological theories on aggression (deindividuation, social learning theory)
5)theories on dreaming

june 06
2)breakdown of relationships
3)enviromental stresors on behaviour
5)functions of sleep

jan 07
2)nature of relationships in different cultures
3)media influences on anti social behaviour
5)endogenous pacemakers and exogenous zeitgeibers

june 07
2)interpersonal attraction
3)human altruism and bystander behaviour
5)restoration theories of sleep

jan 08
2)understudied relationships
3)theories of aggression
5)nature of dreams

now dont ask me how, but my feelings for jan 09 is:
the relationship question is on either, cultural differences on love, breakdown/dissolution or relationships or explanations of love

for the social question there is some sort of trend going on there so im going to say that it will be on either human altruism or environmental stressors

for the sleep question i have actually found a really strong trend and im going to say that it is going to be on either functions of sleep or theories of sleep. im about 70% sure on this one, and i doubt a question will come up on biological rhythms.

these are my predictions for the january 2009 test, however i dont want people thinking that this is what definitely is going to happen, because as you probably heard, there has been a mess up because of the papers being stolen.

good luck everyone. if i get a c, i will be happy, because this is the only subject which i havent really studied. also if you would like an extra mark, write over 2 and a half pages. :yep:
I acutally agree with the prediction of Janman after some intense analysis, i have reached the same conclusion.

Altruism and Sleep are likely to be there.
Reply 45
janman

and i doubt a question will come up on biological rhythms.

there has been a mess up because of the papers being stolen.
We have been taught four topics: Relationships,Biological rhythms/sleep/dreaming,Pro and anti-social behaviour and Evolution. I was planning on learning all 4 to give myself a choice of questions in the exam incase one was really bad but don't know if I'm going to have time now :frown: Argh there is just unbelievable amounts of info to learn and I've got this on the same day as my History which I am dreadin so much! AS's were way never this stressful,I just want them to be over.
Reply 47
[QUOTE="liz17"]
janman

and i doubt a question will come up on biological rhythms.

there has been a mess up because of the papers being stolen.

yeah hence why i said "however i dont want people thinking that this is what definitely is going to happen, because as you probably heard, there has been a mess up because of the papers being stolen."

but ive hardly got any time to revise, and i have to make risks. but even though the papers have been stolen, i do feel that these topics will come. i doubt aqa will change the kind of questions they are going to use because of papers being stolen. they will probably just toughen up their security.
Reply 48
So have or haven't the papers been stolen? :s
Reply 49
They have.

Anybody got anything they need to know? Past exam Q's or whatever. As we do a section our teacher gives us a sheet with all the last questions since the beginning of the syllabus which has come up, so if anybody wants any help, just give us a shout.
Reply 50
Yeah, Janman ^^
I've taken risks aswell. Ive left out cultural bits. Anything with that word,....ive left out.

Im doing Developmental, Social and Physiological.
liz17
They have.

Whattt, again? :eek:
I see nothing in BBC news this time [ultimate source of truthfulness :cool:]

I sorted out my 'cultural issue' yesterday - when in doubt, Goodwin's collectivist/individualist difference [well for relationships it works, I'm sure it can be refered to elsewhere...]

I detest, with a GREAT passion, understudied relationships [Qu.2] and media bloody influence on behaviour [Qu.3] .. up until now I've taken the risk of just shoving them aside, but now I can't even bank on my/everyone else's predictions that they won't come up because the papers have been stolen! :stomp:
Reply 52
Im doin that social section.

I really wanted bystander to come up, or aggression! None of this media poop!
Reply 53
why is everyone liking bystander/altruism??? i hate it!!
i want media in anti-social to come up
im doin 2,3,11 (Relationships, Aggression and Personality)
As for relationships i want dissolution to come up.
who knows??
Reply 54
Question 11: Personality/adolescence/gender

What do we think!?! I hope personality! I hate adolescence

Bystander is nice: Because its like only 2 theories.
Latane and darly (5 stages)
Pilivan (Arousal-cost reward)
Then a few studies incase they asked for outline and evalute research studies instead.
Reply 55
janman
lol, well in jan 05
2) relationships was on interpersonal attraction.
3) the social question was on media influences on pro social behavior.
5) the sleep and dreams on was on nature of dreams (content, duration , etc etc)

june 05
2)explanations of love
3)human alturism and bystander behavior
5)biological rhythms

jan 06
2) formation and maintenance on relationships
3) psychological theories on aggression (deindividuation, social learning theory)
5)theories on dreaming

june 06
2)breakdown of relationships
3)enviromental stresors on behaviour
5)functions of sleep

jan 07
2)nature of relationships in different cultures
3)media influences on anti social behaviour
5)endogenous pacemakers and exogenous zeitgeibers

june 07
2)interpersonal attraction
3)human altruism and bystander behaviour
5)restoration theories of sleep

jan 08
2)understudied relationships
3)theories of aggression
5)nature of dreams

now dont ask me how, but my feelings for jan 09 is:
the relationship question is on either, cultural differences on love, breakdown/dissolution or relationships or explanations of love

for the social question there is some sort of trend going on there so im going to say that it will be on either human altruism or environmental stressors

for the sleep question i have actually found a really strong trend and im going to say that it is going to be on either functions of sleep or theories of sleep. im about 70% sure on this one, and i doubt a question will come up on biological rhythms.

these are my predictions for the january 2009 test, however i dont want people thinking that this is what definitely is going to happen, because as you probably heard, there has been a mess up because of the papers being stolen.

good luck everyone. if i get a c, i will be happy, because this is the only subject which i havent really studied. also if you would like an extra mark, write over 2 and a half pages. :yep:

hey my predictions are the same as yours
i think that for relationships it will probs be psychological explantation or cultural

for sleep i think it will be the theories of sleep or theories of dreaming

for social i think it will be bystander/alturism but i think the theories of aggressionis most likely to come up

thats my quesses. not long to go till the exam guys, 3 days!! :frown: gd luck every1!!!

are any of u on study leave for yr jan exams?? r skl wont give us it! :frown:
Reply 56
I reckon

Question 3: Bystander
Question 5: biological rhythms
Question 11: Personality

No, we dont get study leave either.
Reply 57
How does every1 know about the papers being stolen if it hasn't been in the news?Is it not just speculation as it happened last year!
Reply 58
My teacher is a head examiner and told us. Ironic how it happened last year as well.
liz17
nice.

Im doin Developmental: personality, adolescence and gender
Social: bystander/ pro+anti/ media influence/ agression
Physiological: Sleep/Dreaming and bio rhythms

same, and i swear i need another good few weeks before this is going to sink in. i'm SO STUCK here ):

really bricking it.

and the developmental stuff i barely know. >_<;

Latest

Trending

Trending