The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Ask a Current UCL Student: The Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Noogle
It is intercollegiate yeah, and I would imagine it's as full at this stage as everywhere else. If I were you I'd contact the accommodation office sure, but I imagine you're going to have to look into private accommodation.

I was afraid it would be full, im just hoping i get suitable accommadation from UCL. Can i ask did you apply for coonaught hall through ucl or directly?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
fish and noogle - i had no idea there were any single sex floors at any ucl places, and i've been to quite a few ucl halls :s but do continue to listen to noogle as she knows what she's on about, i'm just confused.

blahblah - no ucl people are not grouped together on one floor.

paradigm - ian baker is DA BIZNIZ. that is all.
Can someone please tell me how competitive physics is to get into?
Unknown?
Can someone please tell me how competitive physics is to get into?

Relatively, not very.
OMG someone help, I got a really expensive single room at Ifor Evans.

Phoned up today and they told me to just send the letter in saying why I want to change along with the slip with me accepting the offer.

Will this work?
well you can't get further away than ifor evans so you're not giving anything up by asking to switch. yeh it'll probs work - also if it doesn't, you can swap on the swap list which will open during the first week. you probs could swap into a cheaper single at max rayne.
Noémie
well you can't get further away than ifor evans so you're not giving anything up by asking to switch. yeh it'll probs work - also if it doesn't, you can swap on the swap list which will open during the first week. you probs could swap into a cheaper single at max rayne.

Thanks for the advice :smile:
Reply 1187
Hey, did/does anyone study Linguistics at UCL? If so, can I ask what it's like and what kinda things did you write in your personal statement? And also, is it competitive/hard to get into this subject area?

Hi, I paid my deposit for accommodation online by card.
When I return the letter, saying I want to accept their offer, do I need to include the printout of the payment I made online. Or you just send the slip/letter back by itself. I've scanned the letter and the online receipt on my computer so I can e-mail it if needs be.
Lil' Flo
Hi, I paid my deposit for accommodation online by card.
When I return the letter, saying I want to accept their offer, do I need to include the printout of the payment I made online. Or you just send the slip/letter back by itself. I've scanned the letter and the online receipt on my computer so I can e-mail it if needs be.

I just sent the letter back on its own.. having said that, I didn't think about any of what you just said :p:

The letter has our name and file number, so I'd presume it'll be fine to send it back on its own. You could ring them to be sure though.
Hey did anyone get a email about induction information for UCL chemistry? It says please ensure to contact details on potico are updated? what is potico?
fish12345
Hey did anyone get a email about induction information for UCL chemistry? It says please ensure to contact details on potico are updated? what is potico?

Online system for UCL, its also Portico.

Don't worry, everyone has a profile where you can choose and view module results, contact information, fees and load of other stuff. You can log on until you have you user id which you will get during freshers.
doggyfizzel
Online system for UCL, its also Portico.

Don't worry, everyone has a profile where you can choose and view module results, contact information, fees and load of other stuff. You can log on until you have you user id which you will get during freshers.

Thanks for clearing that up:biggrin: x
Just wanted to ask If any has done chemistry at UCL without doing maths at alevel just at gcse . How hard did they find it? Thanks:smile:
fish12345
Just wanted to ask If any has done chemistry at UCL without doing maths at alevel just at gcse . How hard did they find it? Thanks:smile:
One of the guys on my corridor did Chem and he used to help me with maths at the beginning of term 1. In physics we basically re-did A-level maths in the first term.
Hey, just wanted to ask would i be able to get into UCL if i resit all my AS levels but do well in them and get good grades overall at A2?
any reply would be helpful.:smile:
Reply 1196
For what course? And how badly did you do originally?
Are the 4th year physics lectures really three hours long? :confused:
Nichrome
Are the 4th year physics lectures really three hours long? :confused:

Can't say as of yet! But 1st yeah lectures are 2 hours with a 10min break, we had those back to back, so 4 hours, twice a week.

Strivingtosuccess

Depends heavily on the course you are applying for, interview, and how badly you did, and predicted grades.

I got 1 grade below what I needed in every subject, but I applied for physics which is far less competitive than say Law, Medicine, or Economics. I also had above the required predicted grades, and my interview went a treat.
doggyfizzel
Can't say as of yet! But 1st yeah lectures are 2 hours with a 10min break, we had those back to back, so 4 hours, twice a week.

Ahh ok so did you have 8 hours a week per course then or 8 hours a week total? I was looking at the online timetable thing and the fourth year courses looked like they only had one three hour lecture per week per course! It seems an odd way of doing it to me, but fair enough, will just have to up my attention span haha :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending