The Student Room Group

New member seeks advice. :)

Hey, I'm a new member on the forum but have been reading it for a while, so hola!

Anyways, I've been scanning the forums for a while trying to find various advice on university interviews but haven't had much luck. I have an interview for a Film and TV Production course tomorrow and I guess this is my last chance at gaining any sort of advice/support. So anything that anyone can offer me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

:smile:
Reply 1
Hiya,
Welcome to TSR! :biggrin:
Where's your interview tomorrow? And have you got any specific questions? :smile:
I've never had to do a university interview, but generally, do some research into the course so they know you're interested in it. And have some background knowledge of what it leads into, so you can say what you'll use it for etc.
Reply 3
Thanks!

It's for The University of Westminster - Harrow campus. I'm pretty prepared, portfolio sorted, gone over my PS and questionnare I had to fill in. It's just any last minute advice: basically, throw at me the worst questions that any interviewer could possibly ask.

Sounds like a plan. :p:
Reply 4
Jessimo
Thanks!

It's for The University of Westminster - Harrow campus. I'm pretty prepared, portfolio sorted, gone over my PS and questionnare I had to fill in. It's just any last minute advice: basically, throw at me the worst questions that any interviewer could possibly ask.

Sounds like a plan. :p:

Ah, I see. Good luck with it. :smile:

As for the questions, have you been to the cinema lately, or seen a new indie film? Sometimes you can be asked about that, or about your favourite director? Be sure to think about a director and their previous films; and to be able to analyse if asked.
I'd say that's the toughest thing you'd get at an interview.
Reply 5
Show interest and enthusiasm. Ask questions if you need to - there's no point in ************ if you haven't understood the question. Don't bring up a topic that you can't talk about, ie. if you're asked about your favourite film don't mention one that you haven't thought about deeply or couldn't give an adequate response to. Be as calm as possible and show that you'll be a pleasant person to work with (smile!) and be honest with the interviewers. If they choose you for that you'll know you're well suited to the course and will be happy there :smile:. Basically the advice I was given for Oxbridge interviews. Same applies i'm sure.

Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending