The Student Room Group

cv help

hi! i desperately need a job but have been rejected from everywhere i’ve applied to since november. i’ve gotten a job with my current cv before but i’m beginning to think it’s the problem. what’s the best place to look for help with my cv aside from my uni please?
Hi there :hello: Is there a particular reason why you don't want to seek CV help from your University? If you haven't had a careers appointment with your University before, I'd highly recommend it! They will be able to sit down with you and walk you through your current CV and suggest any additions that are worth mentioning. Alternatively, you could seek advice from a careers advisor outside of your University - such as the Government Careers Services. Another option is to ask a friend or family member to take a look at your CV - they might think of an experience you've had which you could add and didn't even think about! Finally, there are plenty of resources outline which provide templates and step by step guides for writing your CV.

Best of luck with your job search!

Lauren
WrexhamUniReps
Original post by WrexhamUniReps
Hi there :hello: Is there a particular reason why you don't want to seek CV help from your University? If you haven't had a careers appointment with your University before, I'd highly recommend it! They will be able to sit down with you and walk you through your current CV and suggest any additions that are worth mentioning. Alternatively, you could seek advice from a careers advisor outside of your University - such as the Government Careers Services. Another option is to ask a friend or family member to take a look at your CV - they might think of an experience you've had which you could add and didn't even think about! Finally, there are plenty of resources outline which provide templates and step by step guides for writing your CV.
Best of luck with your job search!
Lauren
WrexhamUniReps

The only reason why I didn’t want the uni suggestions is because I’m on Easter break right now so I can’t access that for 2 weeks or so, and I wanted to try to do what I could asap if that makes sense.

Thank you for your suggestions 😌

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending