The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
SilentGirl
I said unoxidised (so not a chemical word) alcohol but i hope the examiner gets the idea.:rolleyes:

If that is in fact the answer I think just 'alcohol' would suffice.
guys for the pH calculation
did everyone get
1.0x10-14/6.0x10-3

and then -log the answer of that?
I think i got 10 something, but everyelse said they got 11 something, unless I got 11 something but just can memba coz as far as i know my method was right
Reply 62
Hatman09MedPlz
did everyone get
1.0x10-14/6.0x10-3

I think i got 10 something, but everyelse said they got 11 something, unless I got 11 something but just can memba coz as far as i know my method was right

Your method looks decent but I'm afraid the answer was 11 point something...
alan910_2

yh i hope its alcohol coz thats what i put :smile:
that uni 1st year qustionw as so unfair, but i shouldve got it right, common sense shouldve prevailed and i shoudve put down oxidation
oh well, was only one mark, mina!
Hatman09MedPlz
did everyone get
1.0x10-14/6.0x10-3

Yeah, I've heard that whoever did the Kw way got 10 something, and whoever did the pOH way got 11 :s-smilie:
Waterstorm
Yeah, I've heard that whoever did the Kw way got 10 something, and whoever did the pOH way got 11 :s-smilie:

Temp was 298 K

It was a strong base, so pOH is fine. (i think)
Reply 66
Hatman09MedPlz
yh i hope its alcohol coz thats what i put :smile:
that uni 1st year qustionw as so unfair, but i shouldve got it right, common sense shouldve prevailed and i shoudve put down oxidation
oh well, was only one mark, mina!

shame i put oxidation
Reply 67
Waterstorm

Hmm that's interesting.

I could understand that if it was 11.01 and 10.99 or something...

But I think it was near 11.82 or thereabouts...
alan910_2
Your method looks decent but I'm afraid the answer was 11 point something...

okay, i mustve got 11 point somethign because thats exactly what i did, and i just typed it into my calc and i got that. unless i was an idiot and typed 6x10-4 into my calc insted, ahh thats sum awful mistake if i did that, but it would only mean ive lost one mark as my methods right :-)
RageC
shame i put oxidation

haha shut up u wasteman
u got an email from bristol?
lol ******!
I just checked. Its was 69/90 for an A in Jan 08. Not bad at all. :biggrin:
Reply 71
OK, better get to physics revision for tomorrow.

IF ANYONE CAN GET THE PAPER, PLEASE POST IT!
Reply 72
WAT WAZ TEH ANZWA TO THE ROLE OF hno3!!?
RageC
WAT WAZ TEH ANZWA TO THE ROLE OF hno3!!?

acts as a base, read above!
alan910_2

yh i need to get to some bio
although gonna watch yesterdays eastenders first!
and a shout to anyone that could possibly make an unofficial markscheme :smile:
alan910_2

Cool. You appiled for natural science to cambridge. Did you have an interview before the decision?Also, did you do TSA (thinking skills assessment or someting)?
I hate the way everything in the paper is worth 1 or 2 marks. its a saviour for silly mistakes but annoying when they ask something you know really well!
SilentGirl
Cool. You appiled for natural science to cambridge. Did you have an interview before the decision?Also, did you do TSA (thinking skills assessment or someting)?

My friend applied to natural sciences at cambridge, dunno if he had to do a TSA.. but he had an interview, they asked him some wierd stuff about benzene :p:
purplecakes
I hate the way everything in the paper is worth 1 or 2 marks. its a saviour for silly mistakes but annoying when they ask something you know really well!

Its annoying that they make you spend and think so much for just 1 mark. 1 mark after 1 mark, gradually builds upto to no mark :p: ... oOoO

Dont worry. 69-70 is usually an A.
Reply 79
alan910_2

haha yeah, im trying to stop worrying about chem and concentrate on physics, which is undoubtedly going go to be way harder :frown:

Latest