The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
A lot of people thought the same thing about Blair in 1997, and as we all know, Blair is still a much revered and admired figure. America hasn't voted for a black man or any other thing, they've voted for a celebrity.
Bismarck
Ignoring the part about most of those expectations being contradictory and mutually exclusive.

Indeed. Citizens are an odd bunch, really.
saima-10
I was actually quite surprised that they'd give someone like that the opportunity to give a speech (most people thought it would have been quite controversial given that he is an Evangelical)

But it was pretty good :yep:

No, no, you got the wrong guy! Lowery, who gave the benediction, is not an evangelical by any measure, he's a lovely lefty pro-gay progressive veteran of the civil rights movement! You're thinking of Rick Warren, who gave the invocation, who is evangelical scum and compares homosexuality to child molestation, but who nevertheless managed rather successfully to mask his evil-ness today.
Reply 23
renaissancemensch
No, no, you got the wrong guy! Lowery, who gave the benediction, is not an evangelical by any measure, he's a lovely lefty pro-gay progressive veteran of the civil rights movement! You're thinking of Ted Warren, who gave the invocation, who is evangelical scum and compares homosexuality to child molestation, but who nevertheless managed rather successfully to mask his evil-ness today.

Ohhhhh lol yeah i remember him :s-smilie: got the wrong guy
He'll be a success if the U.S. economy is growing by the 2012 election.

Besides that, if the violence calms in the middle east, he signifigantly increases public health care provisions and changes their energy culture, even in the slightest way, towards a more eco-conscious goal, then he'll have had a great first term. If there's any mass terrorist attack on American soil, everything changes.

Will he bring this about? It's not impossible, but it's a massive challenge to fix all those areas. I'd be happy with 2 or 3 out of those 4.
If he stops the israeli's murdering then I would support him. He has good charisma, but there is still so many things I disagree about with the US.
Reply 26
he did say it aint going to happen overnight in his previous speeches and the fact that it will take a while to rebuild so dont expect miracles. Sometimes words are comforting stop being so negative people! plus the guy can give a speech...
Reply 27
I think that he will try his best.
I think he said he might even need a second term to do it lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending