The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
jasoncomport
I was just wondering how often Kings entered clearing. I don't really mind what course it is, as i am aware that all of Kings College London's courses are good.

Any information would be great.

Probably several Science courses (except Medicine) since social courses at King's are very competitive I think.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
As I remember, something like Biomedical Sciences and some other sciencey courses were in clearing last year.
Reply 3
medicine was in clearing too
JocastaJackal
As I remember, something like Biomedical Sciences and some other sciencey courses were in clearing last year.

that's gr8 for me den :biggrin:
Reply 5
kizdxb
medicine was in clearing too

lol you're joking right?
Reply 6
medicine obviously was not in clearing
Reply 7
they were in clearing for 1 place, my cousin got in.
Reply 8
I'm sorry, but.... wouldn't you be better off going for an English course through clearing, that just a course at KCL, if that's what you're passionate about?

Besides, you're still waiting for unis to get back to you! There's still a good chance you'll get into one of those!
Reply 9
jasoncomport
I was just wondering how often Kings entered clearing. I don't really mind what course it is, as i am aware that all of Kings College London's courses are good.

Any information would be great.

Did Kings give you a reason for rejecting you? You are predicted 4As! Did you have good GCSEs?
kizdxb
they were in clearing for 1 place, my cousin got in.

Really? He just rang up and got a place on results day?

I thought medicine + clearing was a complete no-go area :confused:
Reply 11
PM me ill give u more info...obviosuly he didnt ring up
he got rejeceted after interview called on results day and got a place
Reply 12
Pandora_x
Did Kings give you a reason for rejecting you? You are predicted 4As! Did you have good GCSEs?

Yeah, i got A*A*AAABBBB, no reason yet. I enquired, waiting for monday for them to reply
The only things i noticed in clearing last year were some maths, engineering, physics and nursing courses.
Reply 14
Kings is a really competitive university so there won't be many things in for clearing - the only things that would be available are the things that are slightly less competitive so maybe religious/philosophical studies or some sciences, English will most certainly not be, as Kings is highly regarded for english, maybe as someone said go somewhere else for english rather than just doing anything at kings, also i doubt Law would be in clearing, good luck though
Reply 15
jasoncomport
Yeah, i got A*A*AAABBBB, no reason yet. I enquired, waiting for monday for them to reply

That's so harsh. I'm getting worried about my application now! I been acknowledged for the same subject but nothing more. Well good luck with your other unis. I see you've applied to Exeter - might see you there if I don't get into Kings :smile:
Reply 16
Pandora_x
That's so harsh. I'm getting worried about my application now! I been acknowledged for the same subject but nothing more. Well good luck with your other unis. I see you've applied to Exeter - might see you there if I don't get into Kings :smile:

im sure you will be fine. I am not currently in the UK so they probably wanted an interview, but i am not there so they just rejected and had tonnes of other applicants.

best of luck to you ! :smile:
Reply 17
Reply 18
i think possibly it was your combinations which may have effected your application, as Computing and ICT are not as relevant to english as your other subjects, but you still have Bristol to wait for and that is a good university!
S_D_F
Kings is a really competitive university so there won't be many things in for clearing - the only things that would be available are the things that are slightly less competitive so maybe religious/philosophical studies or some sciences, English will most certainly not be, as Kings is highly regarded for english, maybe as someone said go somewhere else for english rather than just doing anything at kings, also i doubt Law would be in clearing, good luck though

King's is fifth or something in the country for philosophy so i don't think it'll be in clearing.

Latest