The Student Room Group

course change at uni pleaseee help!

Hiya, im currently in my first year at uni doing business management, however during christmas i decided that this was not the right course for me as i wasn't enjoying it and found it really difficult, so i decided that i wanted to quit uni for the rest of this year and start again at the same uni in September 09 to do journalism (which i a have the right subjects and grades to do.) However when i talked to admissions/adviosrs at uni about it they said i would have to apply through ucas again and i would have to pay back alot of money (over a grand) which my parents cant really afford at the minute so im really stuck on what to do. :frown:
Could i continue with the course im on at the minute for the rest of the year so i finish it, then when it comes to starting my second year in September could i then say i wanted to change on to first year of journalism so i wouldnt have the financial and accomadation problems of quitting a course half way through the year? i think its all stupidly overly complicated! :frown: any help would be really appreciated as im sooo stressed out with it all! Thanks! xx
If you really can't afford to drop out, then stay for the rest of the year. You should complete your UCAS whilst you're their obviously, it would be a bit risky to wait for Clearing. Whilst you're still at uni, maybe you should start focusing on other things apart from your course if you are changing, like getting involved in the uni newspaper, or finding other work experience, or things to put on your cv that will look good like voluntary work. As a student you are in a much better position to boost your cv, because you have more opportunities and time that helps this.
Reply 2
Im startin uni in September but i've decided i want to do another course at the same uni. Should i start my course and try to switch when im there? Has anyone done this? Please help!!
Try and switch right now! Don't wait! Contact the uni and tell them you want to change!
Reply 4
I have already contacted the uni and they have no vacancies at the moment. Im hoping there will be vacancies by the time i get there from people dropping out, is this a good idea?

Latest

Trending

Trending