The Student Room Group

eduqas a-level RS essay structure?!?!

if anyone else does eduqas rs pleaseee help because my teacher is pretty useless. can anyone give me a good structure for the 30 mark questions that is easy to use? the one my teacher gave us was just typed up on a powerpoint in 30 seconds and is extremely vague and makes no sense. it would literally save my life if anyone could help me out??
Reply 1
Original post by inurdadsbumh0le
if anyone else does eduqas rs pleaseee help because my teacher is pretty useless. can anyone give me a good structure for the 30 mark questions that is easy to use? the one my teacher gave us was just typed up on a powerpoint in 30 seconds and is extremely vague and makes no sense. it would literally save my life if anyone could help me out??
Follow the abcd structure for each of your individual paragraphs. A- answer the question, B- back it up with evidence, C- challenge, D- decide. So in your 30 marker you'd want to do maybe 3 or 4 of these abcd paragraphs not including your conclusion. As for an introduction, it's not really necessary but you can if you have time. Also don't stress if you don't have the structure down yet just try practicing writing as many essays as you can.
In my school we use PACE, which is point, analyse, counter/criticise then evaluate.

Then we have an optional choice to do another 3rd PACE paragraph or do a Hinge which is where we analyse the question basing it on the main word. For example, 'Ethical egoism always leads to immoral actions'. The hinge paragraph will be based on the word ALWAYS and you basically talk about how it is up to subjectivity and how it does not always lead to immoral actions and it just depends on who and how they use it. Also make synoptic links to philosophy and the other component.
Original post by IamTheOJ
Follow the abcd structure for each of your individual paragraphs. A- answer the question, B- back it up with evidence, C- challenge, D- decide. So in your 30 marker you'd want to do maybe 3 or 4 of these abcd paragraphs not including your conclusion. As for an introduction, it's not really necessary but you can if you have time. Also don't stress if you don't have the structure down yet just try practicing writing as many essays as you can.

thank you so much! so helpful
Original post by shakirabinty
In my school we use PACE, which is point, analyse, counter/criticise then evaluate.

Then we have an optional choice to do another 3rd PACE paragraph or do a Hinge which is where we analyse the question basing it on the main word. For example, 'Ethical egoism always leads to immoral actions'. The hinge paragraph will be based on the word ALWAYS and you basically talk about how it is up to subjectivity and how it does not always lead to immoral actions and it just depends on who and how they use it. Also make synoptic links to philosophy and the other component.

ooo this is so useful thank you
I'm trying to figure this out as well!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending