The Student Room Group

College confusionnn

So I want to do three A levels, but quite a few colleges do the subject I want to do, but not as an A level, but as a "level 3 diploma". Can I do two A levels and then the level 3 diploma alongside them instead of an A level? And then what even is a level 3 diploma? Is it realistically seen worth less as an A level? Is it a BTEC?? I tried to google it but I didn't really understand the answers, and it wasn't all relevant either. Pleaseee help meee
Which subject is it?

From what I know (altho this may be inaccurate), a level 3 diploma can be equivalent to 2 or 3 A-Levels. I think a level 3 certificate is equivalent to 1? It should say this on the websites of the colleges. If its worth 3 a-levels, you solely do this subject, again if its equivalent to 2, you would do the diploma and then another subject alongside this.

A teacher may be able to advise better on this as I'm just going off what I've heard from my friends at college!
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by thrivingfrog
Which subject is it?

From what I know (altho this may be inaccurate), a level 3 diploma can be equivalent to 2 or 3 A-Levels. I think a level 3 certificate is equivalent to 1? It should say this on the websites of the colleges. If its worth 3 a-levels, you solely do this subject, again if its equivalent to 2, you would do the diploma and then another subject alongside this.

A teacher may be able to advise better on this as I'm just going off what I've heard from my friends at college!

the subject is criminology
thank you tho, I'll ask the teachers
Original post by evxta.g
the subject is criminology
thank you tho, I'll ask the teachers

Ah in that case I've only seen it offered as equivalent to 1 a-level, in which case you do 2 alevels alongside it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending