The Student Room Group

Communication studies?

Woohoo the is my first post!!! :elefant:

Ahem, yeah hello :smile: Before I ask what I want to ask, a little background info about me. I'm currently at college doing A2s in Biology, Chemistry and Physics, though goodness knows why because I hate them all with a passion now. I have never really have any idea about what I want to do "when I grow up" :p: When I chose my a level subejcts I had vague ideas of being a sports physio (bit of a football fan :biggrin: ) but have now gone off that idea completely due to aforementioned dislike for these subjects!

I didn't apply to Uni when I should have done (ie. before Jan 15th) as I was advised to take a gap year rather than apply half heartedly, but I've now decided I definitely want to go to Uni in September and have started researching possible courses, which is when I came across Communication studies (possibly with Music culture, possibly not.)

So my question (finally :biggrin: ) - what is the general opinion regarding Communication studies? I can't find any information about it in Uni league tables or guides, and people I've spoken to (friends and family) don't seem to have any opinion about it either. I thought it would be rather good, as it's quite varied and could open up possible opportunities to work in media/radio/PR/business or admin type jobs, and communcation skills are always harped on about in job adverts and interviews. Am I way off? Is it reasonably well thought of amongst potential employers or is it another "mickey mouse" degree that gets laughed at? :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending