The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL and Anna Freud

Hi all, I have been asked back for an interview for the MSc Early Child Development and Clinical Applications at UCL. I know it is based at the Anna Freud Centre and am worried that it being based at the centre will mean that I won't get to experience the UCL student life. Has anyone studied this? If so, did you get the chance to have some lectures on the UCL campus?
Hi! I studied for my Masters degree at the AFC and the experience was amazing. The atmosphere there is fantastic as you get to share lectures and seminars with other students from different programs. The place is very cozy and perfect for studying. The Statistics lectures are held at UCL, which requires you to go there at least once a week and it's still convenient because the AFC is close to UCL. You can also study or hang out at the student centre or any other place at UCL. Additionally, you can join a society and meet new people at UCL if you feel you're missing out on the postgrad uni life.

The AFC offers a small community within the larger UCL community. Since UCL is huge and the campus is spread out, it can be challenging to meet new people. The AFC is a great resource as it is a tight-knit community that is very helpful.

All the best applying!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by AnonymuStudent
Hi! I studied for my Masters degree at the AFC and the experience was amazing. The atmosphere there is fantastic as you get to share lectures and seminars with other students from different programs. The place is very cozy and perfect for studying. The Statistics lectures are held at UCL, which requires you to go there at least once a week and it's still convenient because the AFC is close to UCL. You can also study or hang out at the student centre or any other place at UCL. Additionally, you can join a society and meet new people at UCL if you feel you're missing out on the postgrad uni life.
The AFC offers a small community within the larger UCL community. Since UCL is huge and the campus is spread out, it can be challenging to meet new people. The AFC is a great resource as it is a tight-knit community that is very helpful.
All the best applying!
Hi there, thank you for responding to my post - this has given me such peace of mind! I have accepted my offer at AFC but am an international student and was worried about being 'lost' in the masses at UCL so I am so glad to hear about the close-knit community of AFC.
Enjoy your time doing your masters—it seriously flies by! If your country has a society, join ASAP. And if there's any sport you're into, sign up for that, too. It's important to be social when you're an international student, so the more social groups you have, the better you can balance your academic and social life.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending