The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ladies and Gentlemen i think this, this topic is the meaning of life
cowsgoquack
well duh cos its going to tickle

No no no, being ticklish comes about from a deeprooted fear of people touching you.
Reply 22
I am still unsure as to how your penis is so god damn retarded, everyday the same hand comes back yet it still thinks it may be reproductive organ.
Punk Phloyd
No no no, being ticklish comes about from a deeprooted fear of people touching you.

I see! I never knew i didnt like people touching me! thanks for letting me know person i've never met from the internet!
Reply 24
haha i can't believe how much i want to know the answer to this now!
proprioception
Reply 26
I think it's something to do with the neurones. I mean your own brain is controlling the tickling, you're expecting the sensation in your foot or whatever and controlling it, thus you don't react in the same way to it. Yet when someone else is doing it, it's not your own brain doing it, therefore you have no control over it and your nerves stimulate a reaction of laughter/kicking (in my case, once I accidentally kicked my brother in the gonads when he was tickling my neck for some strange reason, I only meant for him to get away from me :sad:), much like an impulse reaction, to get rid of the tickling thing. Which could, primatively, be anything; a spider, a wee bunny rabbit etc etc. Your brain, even though it expects the other person is tickling you, your nervous system probably doesn't interpret it in the same way as when you're tickling yourself, to use another example, you still squirm when you hear loud noises even though sometimes you're expecting them, whereas when you make the loud noise you know exactly the intensity and when it's going to come, and you're producing it, so you don't squirm when you're hearing it.

That's my theory :yes:
i can tickle myself, mostly on the inside of my elbow and roof of my mouth (with my tongue). it is worse when other people are doing the tickling though because we arent expecting it and we arent 100% sure how it will feel.
Reply 28
Similarly, why oh why can't we get erotic pleasures from rubbing our own thighs??????
Reply 29
I dunno, because my boyfriend has magic fingers :wink:
hahaha
gross
sorry
:p:
strawberry_princess
I can on my feet!

Yeah same, and a little bit on my midriff.
cowsgoquack
I see! I never knew i didnt like people touching me! thanks for letting me know person i've never met from the internet!

Clearly you missed the "Apparently" part of the first post.
Reply 32
aidanftw
Similarly, why oh why can't we get erotic pleasures from rubbing our own thighs??????

Speak for yourself!
*carries on rubbing thighs*
Reply 33
Reply 34
I think when we get tickled by someone else our brains use a reflex which is used to sort of get rid of anything that is annoying.
But since our brains already know we are going to tickle ourselves then it doesnt reflex and cause us to laugh and such.
Reply 35
Khodu
Cool thread. I cant :dontknow: why.

Rub your finger on the pallette of your mouth (the top, behind your teeth).
It's because the tickle sensation is a defence mechanism. Which is why we can't feel the sensation ourselves but it is triggered by sensation of others on our skin.

If we could feel ourselves tickle ourselves the defence mechanism ceases to work.
Reply 37
sweetlovinchick2k1
It's because the tickle sensation is a defence mechanism. Which is why we can't feel the sensation ourselves but it is triggered by sensation of others on our skin.

If we could feel ourselves tickle ourselves the defence mechanism ceases to work.

***t that works.

Latest

Trending

Trending