The Student Room Group

Just ban guns already!

I am pissed off at the amount of gun crime featured in the news (let alone knife crime).

Guns do more harm than good. For crap's sake, would do they do. Protection? Please.

They just have one sole purpose - to kill.

Where do people even get them?

It's a weapon. You are not allowed it on the Tube, on board an aeroplane etc

It also promotes violence etc

Why can't they just get rid of them already? Why can't they set a law? E.g. anyone caught possessing, selling, intention to sell etc should be locked up for 5 years. Or something.

And this law should apply to everyone, whether you are over 18 or not. A 21 person is just as stupid with a gun as much as an 11 year old.

Anyone who owns a gun are just stupid and ignorant. I mean, they kill, why are you having one?

Let's ban guns. Anyone caught with one etc should be locked up. Ignorance isn't a defence in this case. Guns kill. The Government needs to be more tougher.

Because, why should the people of Britain give sympathy every working day to people being killed by gun crime, when damn Labour aren't doing anything?

ASBOs are crap - having one is like a badge of honour. Tagging them? Oh please. They can still kill.

Just ban guns. What's so hard about that? It saves Britain money, and more importantly - innocent lives.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I agree. I hate Gun Crime, and guns overall.

But even if you ban guns, thugs will still be able to get them one way or another.
I resent what you have said- you sound angry and prejudiced.
I am a responsible gun owner; as are the vast majority of gun owners. Do you actually realise that 99% of gun crime is carried out with illegal weapons? That sort of destroys your arguement really.
im so academic
I am pissed off at the amount of gun crime featured in the news (let alone knife crime).

Guns do more harm than good. For crap's sake, would do they do. Protection? Please.

They just have one sole purpose - to kill.

Where do people even get them?

It's a weapon. You are not allowed it on the Tube, on board an aeroplane etc

It also promotes violence etc

Why can't they just get rid of them already? Why can't they set a law? E.g. anyone caught possessing, selling, intention to sell etc should be locked up for 5 years. Or something.

And this law should apply to everyone, whether you are over 18 or not. A 21 person is just as stupid with a gun as much as an 11 year old.

Anyone who owns a gun are just stupid and ignorant. I mean, they kill, why are you having one?

Let's ban guns. Anyone caught with one etc should be locked up. Ignorance isn't a defence in this case. Guns kill. The Government needs to be more tougher.

Because, why should the people of Britain give sympathy every working day to people being killed by gun crime, when damn Labour aren't doing anything?

ASBOs are crap - having one is like a badge of honour. Tagging them? Oh please. They can still kill.

Just ban guns. What's so hard about that? It saves Britain money, and more importantly - innocent lives.

Yes. Because banning things gets rid of them...
Reply 4
957 Country Bumpkin
Do you actually realise that 99% of gun crime is carried out with illegal weapons? That sort of destroys your arguement really.

Do you have a source for that?
(Not that I disagree with you, but still.)
Reply 5
You moron.

The gun crime you hear about on the news is carried out with pistols. HANDGUNS ARE ALREADY BANNED IN THE UNITED KINGDOM.

OP is an ignorant tosser. Let's see how you like being unarmed when there are three men walking up your stairs with baseball bats.

EDIT: Oh, it's im so academic. Nvm.
It is illegal to have a gun without a licence and you don't get a licence without a good reason and you get background checked etc. If you are caught in possession of an illegal firearm of selling them then you will get locked up.
Reply 7
You clearly don't know what your talking about.
I thought guns were already banned...
I mean air rifles aren't but don't people use hand guns to shoot people?
Reply 9
Banning something makes a problem worse. If all guns are made illegal (pistols, etc) then that would only encourage their usage. And the more people talk about guns, the more people become aware - so don't start threads like this!
If there was a logical argument behind this then fair enough, but I have never read something this dull in all my life!
idiot - end of thread
you clearly don't know the law or what you are on about
Reply 12
Lots of people like to go hunting and posses shotguns and are very responsible.

I believe that most gun crime is illegally owned weapons anyway.
Reply 14
the mentally handicapped are so cute when they're angry :tongue:
Slumpy
Do you have a source for that?
(Not that I disagree with you, but still.)

Yes; it was in government statistics.
Also,

http://media.gtanet.com/illspirit/content/crimestats/uk-guns.jpg

If this link works.....it shows that bans have the opposite effect; homicide after the UK handgun ban did not decrease, and injuries went up significantly
How can one thread fail so much?
Reply 17
Anti-firearms types are mostly just silly Luddites who want to try and pretend they don't exist. They do, and there's nothing you, or the state, can do about that.
The majority of gun crime is committed with illegally recommissioned firearms or imports, not by owners who adhere to the regulations and possess a license.

OP you clearly have no grasp on the law surrounding firearms if you're under the impression you can just walk into your local supermarket and pick one up. It's heavily regulated.
Reply 19
Frist things first; after the Dunblane tragedy, ALL pistols and hand guns were banned. So Bagration is completely correct, those murders due to gun crime were indeed with illegal weapons...and those people who do get get caught are locked up.
However, some people who own guns don't own them for the purpose of defence or protection, target shooting is a sport and GB do very well in the Olympics in these disciplines.

I do completely understand your reaction, it's disgusting how easily criminals can get hold of these weapons. But carrying a knife is illegal and yet people do it-the same principal applies here.

Latest

Trending

Trending