The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Paracetamol, drink lots of water, you are probably dehydrated. Also some food may help settle that queasy feeling in your stomach.
Reply 2
The best "cure" is prevention. I.e. don't drink alcohol right up until the end of the night, drink lots of water for the last couple of hours (so that you aren't dehydrated in the morning) and maybe get something to eat before you go home as well.

Works for me.
Reply 3
Clear fluids - lots of.
Carbohydrates.
Paracetamol.

Although if you can face a computer you're clearly not dying...
Water!! the next time u go out and drink, when u get home drinks lots of water, keeps ur brain nice and hydrated thus, preventing a horrid hangover! :frown:
Reply 5
Also drinking water and returning normal fluid levels will lessen the damaging effect that alcohol has on your brain cells, or so I am led to believe.
IRN-BRU and a Sausage Roll.
Bottle of any caffeine free sports drink, couple of paracetamol and an hour back in bed.
Reply 8
lucozade hydro water stuff, good stuff. :smile: theres also a drink designed for hangovers, can't remember what its called tastes like poo though. =/
Reply 9
A massive breakfast.

Or hair of the dog.
Reply 10
APPLE JUICE!!!
IT'S THE CURE FOR EVERTYHING!!! :biggrin: ahahaa
Water...and lots of it. And some toast if you can eat it without puking. Try not to gulp the water down, rather, take small, regular sips.

aliphatic
A massive breakfast.

Or hair of the dog.

Funny sort of hangover you have...if I did either of those when hungover I'd be puking more than usual.
daisyc
Why do hangovers get worse with age?
I think I am actually going to die today, whats the best hangover cure?,

Mwah haha LOL!! For once in my life, I don't actually have a hangover after being out on the razz, I decided to stop drinking about half an hour before I left the club, to sober up, and when I got back to my mates house I drank about 4/5 glasses of water... Woke up fresh as a daisy (although I do have a rather nasty neckache from sleeping on a solid leather sofa). :woo:

On a sidenote: Is it true that alcohol murders brain cells - which diminish with age anyway?
I have a mahoosive hangover too :frown: I'm attempting to do a work out and do some work today. Not good.
Reply 14
One of the upset stomach and headache relief sachets you put in water. Then a sugary drink to give you an energy boost! Nothing with too much citric acid etc. I always have Sukie but you can only get that in Ireland I think.. :love: Ribena should do the trick! Then a bit later eat something easy on your stomach, like soup, a sausage roll etc.

Does the trick for me! Although usually my hangovers are so bad I'm usually down the toilet all morning. Classy bird I am you see :smile:
Reply 15
Democracy
Water...and lots of it. And some toast if you can eat it without puking. Try not to gulp the water down, rather, take small, regular sips.

Funny sort of hangover you have...if I did either of those when hungover I'd be puking more than usual.

I dunno, I always feel sick until I eat - even if I have to force myself to eat. I hate that funny sort of feeling where you feel really ill, but never ill enough to be sick. I only say this because this morning after a house party, this lad cooked everyone breakfast and it made me feel MUCH better.

And then at V, the general consensus seemed to be 'keep on drinking' to prevent the hangover. Sunday night was awful, though.
Reply 16
I've decided that the best idea is to never drink again (hahhh)

Latest

Trending

Trending