The Student Room Group

Discontinued favourite foods or snacks.

Scroll to see replies

Ice cream chewits :frown:
Rowntrees Megabeans! I am starting to think I've made them up because I can't even find images of them on google.

& citrus polos too, how I loved them. :frown:
Reply 62
BN's!!! Wagon Wheels raspberry ones i think and Vanilla Coca Cola what happened to that? is it still knocking about somewhere?
Jolly ranchers and citrus polo's!

:eek:

I loved those!
Reply 65
Dominos Premiere.
Original post by &#1109

was only 30p as well back in the day.

They were truly amazing
Me & my fella were talking about those yesterday actually...the strawberry jelly and ice cream ones :yep:
Bemy
Ben and Jerry's Fossil Fuels :frown:

Still around
Check Sainsbury's
Reply 68
Jordan1990
Still around
Check Sainsbury's

Indeed it is, but they've stopped actually making it. :frown:
AwesomelyPsycho
Ice cream chewits :frown:

OMGOMGOMGOMG I miss them soooo much :sad:

That cereal that looked like footballs
Tricky lickies
Reply 70
Citrus polos... where did they go, i remember crunching through packs of them a day resulting in many random illnesses. Might email polo and ask for them back!
i love this thread, so many good food memories!
cpj1987
Wonkalate (as mentioned in OP), Wonka Exploder, and Frufoo Yoghurts and Yoghurt Balls.

NOW...these yogurts were the THING! God I loved these!:biggrin:

Golden Grahams...yup I remember those as well...now they only make cinnamon grahams (which personally taste not very nice!):mad:

BTW that Simpson cereal was gorge!:yep:
Reply 73
Does anyone remember "Tricky Licky" a long red ice lolly with several colours inside? It was my all time favourite and it was discontinued ages ago. Well with the big clamp down on artifical colours I wouldn't be surprised.
Sprite 3G, that's a drink tho :frown:
Dynamitri
Sprite 3G, that's a drink tho :frown:

Can include discontinued drinks as well! They used to sell Mountain Dew over here but it was discontinued :frown:
Can anyone remember those cans of drinks that had like... jelly balls inside?
kittycallsross
Can include discontinued drinks as well! They used to sell Mountain Dew over here but it was discontinued :frown:

Oh rly? I have never actually been a big fan of MD, but yeah, now when I think about it, it seems you can't get it easily.

Off-licence stores in cities are the way to go, tho - I live in London and I have to say that you can find really weird stuff up in there, apart from exotic drinks like Jamaican Coke or something, they seem to randomly sell e.g. Dr. Pepper imported from Poland/Netherlands (totally different flavor than the British counterpart), and/or Cherry 7Up! :eek:

No idea where do they get their stuff from, but I've figured out they have stuff that's not available widely and it doesn't differ much in price from the usual, Sainsbury/Tesco stored fizzy drinks :confused:
Lucky Charms!! I can't afford the £7 Selfridges charge for them!! xx
Lucky Charms
Jolly Rancher
Frufoo yoghurts
Ice cream Chewits (they are coming back in 2009 according to Wikipedia) http://www.talkingretail.com/products/product-news/11901-tayburn-selectred-to-rebrand-chewits.html
That clear fizzy drink that had the jelly balls in it
Citrus Polos
Vice-Versas
Flipz (choc covered pretzles)

Quick Reply

Latest