The Student Room Group

If there was £10,000,000 infront of you...

Poll

What would you do?

But somebody else opposite you wanted it but they promised to give half of it to the poor and they had a gun to your head but you also had a gun in your hand, would you shoot them and take all the money?

Or would you let them them take it and walk away safe and with your life in tact and a good feeling that half the money went to the poor?

A few points on the situation:

* You are not allowed to share the money
* If you want the money, you HAVE to kill them
* If you want your life and a good feeling of a good deed then they will not hurt you if you will let them have the money and walk away and they give half of it to the poor

What would you do...:p:

Poll to make things interesting...:yep:

[This is just a reaction to an unlikely situation, I will not judge you or think of you as a good or bad person...:smile:]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Leave the money.

Maybe it's the boring answer, but I couldn't shoot someone, especially not for money. Besides which, if I'm going to get that much money I'd rather have earnt it. Not that I'd complain if I won it in the lottery :smile:

I might attempt to persuade them to give the money that they're giving to the poor to decent charities though, rather than giving it out randomly. But the money's not mine in the first place, so I've not lost anything by walking away.
Reply 2
What's the point in money if you're spending the rest of your life in jail?
Reply 3
You have too much time to be thinking of such scenarios...
Reply 4
I would say "Stop! or my mom will shoot!" then run away screaming.
Reply 5
thecdon
You have too much time to be thinking of such scenarios...

Maybe I'm writing a narrative for English A-level and it has to be an imaginative and creative piece?

(I don't do English but who cares...:p:)
Take the money, re-construct my face with some of the money, so it would be harder to find me, if I was found out I'd bribe the police/courts.

Sorted.
Reply 7
Keith Lemon
Take the money, re-construct my face with some of the money, so it would be harder to find me, if I was found out I'd bribe the police/courts.

Sorted.

lol, good answer.

But at the same time, ew. Wouldn't it be weird to look in the mirror and see a different face?
Reply 8
Let him take the money.... then pretend to be the poor.
this is quite possibly one of the most stupid threads on TSR, and there are many of them.
Reply 10
-Neon-
Let him take the money.... then pretend to be the poor.

Lol...clever answer but if he knows you then surely he will just ignore you and not give you any money and you will never, ever, ever, ever x 10^23 see so much money...:eek3:
So let me get this straight with you: I have a gun pointed at my head but I also have a gun pointed at the man's head and the only way out is to either shoot the guy and run or walk alway? That being the case if there was even any notion that either one of us was about to pull the trigger on the other that person would immediately be shot, so it's a bit of a gamble as to whether or not I would take the money or he would in the end. I imagine, however, that this guy would be one scary mother ****** quite apt in such scenarios (mobster perhaps?) and would probably kill me anyway. As if I would trust a guy who has £10 million up for grabs and a gun pointed at my frontal lobe. I dub such a scenario 'Fail'.
Reply 12
TheLouisVuittonDon
this is quite possibly one of the most stupid threads on TSR, and there are many of them.

Thanks...:wink:

It wasn't meant to be a serious one, just a random one...:p:

...:woo:
Shoot him, say it was in self-defence as he had a gun to my head, and take the money.
Thud
What's the point in money if you're spending the rest of your life in jail?

I wouldn't shot them even if I could get away with it..
Reply 15
I'd say 'look a plane' then whilst he is looking I'd hit him with my gun, knock him out, steal the money, and run like hell.
Reply 16
Captain Biggles
So let me get this straight with you: I have a gun pointed at my head but I also have a gun pointed at the man's head and the only way out is to either shoot the guy and run or walk alway? That being the case if there was even any notion that either one of us was about to pull the trigger on the other that person would immediately be shot, so it's a bit of a gamble as to whether or not I would take the money or he would in the end. I imagine, however, that this guy would be one scary mother ****** quite apt in such scenarios (mobster perhaps?) and would probably kill me anyway. As if I would trust a guy who has £10 million up for grabs and a gun pointed at my frontal lobe. I dub such a scenario 'Fail'.

I admire you analysis and also agree with it but read above...:cool:

...:woo:
Kill them and give 51% to charity.
Reply 18
Dorito
I'd say 'look a plane' then whilst he is looking I'd hit him with my gun, knock him out, steal the money, and run like hell.

Lol. This exactly!

"Whats that behind you?"

Hit him, grab the money and leg it! :yep:
bambii
lol, good answer.

But at the same time, ew. Wouldn't it be weird to look in the mirror and see a different face?

I'm sure you could grow to love your new look?

Latest

Trending

Trending