The Student Room Group

Am i a bad person?

I went to a party with my gf the other day and while she went to get drinks, her 'friend' came up to me. She was clearly tipsy so she was being flirty. I just walked away and tried to find my gf and thought nothing of it. The reason i put 'friend' like this is because my gf doesn't rlly like her but she hangs out with her bc they're in the same friend group, but this 'friend' is known to be somewhat of a homewrecker and overall a bad person.
Fast forward and we're all at home just hanging out bc we decided to leave the party. I'm sitting next to my gf and this 'friend' is still flirting with me Infront of her. This isn't the first time its happened. She's done this to me a couple of times before and my gf said to just to ignore her and avoid her because she clearly just wants attention.
Before i know it, she's sitting on me and just starts grinding and i'm in shock. So i just push her off and she smashes her head on a coffee table that was in front of us and half the table breaks bc of her.
This happened like 3 days ago but i've been hearing from people that she's been telling others that i just pushed her for no reason and now people think i'm a *****y guy. My gf said that i did the right thing. It wasn't as if i used all my strength to push her either, i didn't intent for to go crashing in the table. Some friends were also there and some of them are glad i did that bc she needed a wake up call but some of them thought it was a bad way to go. But idrk how else i could have handled it seeing as she had the audacity to grind on me infront of my gf. I don't regret doing it and i hope its a wake up call for her but idk whether i should feel bad or not.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
I went to a party with my gf the other day and while she went to get drinks, her 'friend' came up to me. She was clearly tipsy so she was being flirty. I just walked away and tried to find my gf and thought nothing of it. The reason i put 'friend' like this is because my gf doesn't rlly like her but she hangs out with her bc they're in the same friend group, but this 'friend' is known to be somewhat of a homewrecker and overall a bad person.
Fast forward and we're all at home just hanging out bc we decided to leave the party. I'm sitting next to my gf and this 'friend' is still flirting with me Infront of her. This isn't the first time its happened. She's done this to me a couple of times before and my gf said to just to ignore her and avoid her because she clearly just wants attention.
Before i know it, she's sitting on me and just starts grinding and i'm in shock. So i just push her off and she smashes her head on a coffee table that was in front of us and half the table breaks bc of her.
This happened like 3 days ago but i've been hearing from people that she's been telling others that i just pushed her for no reason and now people think i'm a *****y guy. My gf said that i did the right thing. It wasn't as if i used all my strength to push her either, i didn't intent for to go crashing in the table. Some friends were also there and some of them are glad i did that bc she needed a wake up call but some of them thought it was a bad way to go. But idrk how else i could have handled it seeing as she had the audacity to grind on me infront of my gf. I don't regret doing it and i hope its a wake up call for her but idk whether i should feel bad or not.

idk what else i could have done, I've avoided her in public, ignored her. I tried speaking to her but she's just said it was a joke and that me and my gf shouldn't take it to heart. Everyone has a love hate relationship with her but i just hate her. She's already ruined 2 relationships in the past and i'm not going to let her ruin mine.
Also for more context, the only injury she had from falling on the table was a bruise on her arm and on her thigh or smt like that, but she's giving people the impression that it was much more serious than what it was. My gf is mentally preparing to cut ties with her for good but its just hard bc she keeps coming back to us even though we made it clear we don't want her near us
Original post by Anonymous #1

People like to spread rumours and talk bad about others - its apart of human nature.

You and your immediate circle seem to know whats up so its whatver. People will believe whatever they want to.

I think you shouldn't have been physical with this individual, but its happened now so whatever.

Only thing to do is to not associate with them at all going forwards.
Reply 3
It’s fine to push her away if she makes unwanted sexual contact. I don’t think you are bad. Whether the force was proportionate to the situation is for you and others to judge. Perhaps explain to her that you don’t want her to touch you in future but that you are nonetheless sorry she was hurt and hopefully that closes the matter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending