The Student Room Group

Psychology Ocr G542 Helllllppppp!

Scroll to see replies

haha :smile:
Reply 21
so, what are assumptions and that?
One assumption of social approach in psychology is that other people and surrounding environment are major influences on an individual’s behaviour thought processes and emotions.
Reply 23
EssexGirl22
One assumption of social approach in psychology is that other people and surrounding environment are major influences on an individual’s behaviour thought processes and emotions.

do we have to know all assumptions?
Reply 24
EssexGirl22

i need your help please.
I am completely stuck on the developmental approach!
don't get any of the studies!
Reply 25
FutureMedic!
The spec is a pile of absolute ****, isnt it? possibly the dullest set of studies i've ever seen. Ahhhhh Well....im just going through my ocr psychology book. Oh and Holah...the website is a beaut for this spec: http://www.holah.co.uk/page/home/

i need your help on the developmental studies!
we haven't gone through them and are expected to self-teach!
help!
have you got any powerpoints?
thanks

EDIT: okay i sorta get samuel and bryant- just don't get the results- what conclusions can be drawn?
Reply 26
how much detail do you need to know the studies?
The background of the study like where it developed from, the aim of the study, the sample used (participants), and the approaches.

on the holah.co.uk website theres alot of information and when you click a study if you look down the right hand side in the yellow box theres explanations.

& you definatly need to know the approaches not to sure about the assumptions but its better to know just incase and probably would look alot better in your answers
c0nfus3d
i need your help on the developmental studies!
we haven't gone through them and are expected to self-teach!
help!
have you got any powerpoints?
thanks

EDIT: okay i sorta get samuel and bryant- just don't get the results- what conclusions can be drawn?

i have a power point all the studies you can have samuel and bryant if you would like it?
Reply 29
EssexGirl22
i have a power point all the studies you can have samuel and bryant if you would like it?

omigosh- would it be possible if you could give me all of them?
sorry for being so greedy :rolleyes:

I'll PM you my addy...:smile:
Ive sent them all :smile:
one wouldnt work but the rest have sent, hope it helps!
did you need help with approaches because i did some revision on them today, like strengths and weaknesses if you want it?
Reply 32
EssexGirl22
did you need help with approaches because i did some revision on them today, like strengths and weaknesses if you want it?

i'm sorta fine with strengths and weaknesses, but i'm kind of stuck on asuumptions for each of the approaches?
we just learn them right?
or do we apply to the studies as well?
also- sigmund freud- i keep getting confused with the role of super-ego and ego in the tripartite structure! :biggrin:
c0nfus3d
i'm sorta fine with strengths and weaknesses, but i'm kind of stuck on asuumptions for each of the approaches?
we just learn them right?
or do we apply to the studies as well?
also- sigmund freud- i keep getting confused with the role of super-ego and ego in the tripartite structure! :biggrin:

yeah you do need to apply them to some studies.
The superego is made up two parts, the conscience (what you shouldn't be/do), and the ego ideal (what you should be/do).
The ego - develops at around 2 years, the 'reality principle'.
The superego - emerges age 6. This is the conscious mind, and the conscience.
Reply 34
Do you guys know what the perspectives are?
Reply 35
baby_girl
Do you guys know what the perspectives are?

yes- the behaviourist and psychodynmic
Reply 36
c0nfus3d
yes- the behaviourist and psychodynmic

Can you please tell me what they mean, please? :confused: :s-smilie:

My teacher hasn't told us anything about it.. :frown:

Thanks.. :smile:
Reply 37
baby_girl
Can you please tell me what they mean, please? :confused: :s-smilie:

My teacher hasn't told us anything about it.. :frown:

Thanks.. :smile:

okay here goes, get preapred for a long message :biggrin:
Behaviourist Perspective:
okay this refers to the three theories of learning propsed by various psychologist:
1) Ivan Pavlov- he stated that you could get a neutral stimulus and a neutral something- i'll come back to you on that one-
2) Skinner- suggested that learning was done by reinforcement and the rewarding and punishing of behaviour
3) Albert Bandura said that behaviour was learned through imitation

Psychodyanmic-

1) Sigmund Freud stated that all children go through psychosexual stages:
*oral
*anal
*phallic
*latent

and he supports the iceberg theory which consists of: id, superego and ego-
the id consists of innate, biological sexual desires, aggressive urges and death wishes-etc etc.

Sorry, I'm still in the process of learning it, but try the psychexchange website because everything is brief here. It goes into a lot of detail and i STRONGLY recommend you read upon these topics, as it will aid with section c of the ocr psychology g542 paper.
Hope it helps :smile:
anyone else seriously hating on psychology at the moment? i know i am. I'm blatently going to to drop it at the end of this year, i fookin hate it haha.
Reply 39
FutureMedic!
anyone else seriously hating on psychology at the moment? i know i am. I'm blatently going to to drop it at the end of this year, i fookin hate it haha.

totally love it
too much info though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending