TSR Radiohead Society : Fake plastic thread

Scroll to see replies

the bends
favourite song, idoteque or planet telex
Englishstudent says hi to you all. :smile:

Phonicsdude: he says thanks, and he misses this thread most of all. :biggrin:
Reply 182
look what I just found! http://littlerowboat.net/piano/scores/index.html

It's got loads of sheet music for piano on some Radioheads songs - it's briliant! I've spent all day glued to a keyboard trying to play the Pyramid song. If you can play piano, go to that website now!
Morning bell or amnesiac?! Which do you prefer?
Now I KNOW Radiohead are cool :rolleyes::

What is that picture of?!
Reply 186
Britney spears, holding the pablo honey CD - how can this be?!
kingslaw

Edit: Despite being one of their biggest hits, they very, very, very rarely play it live.

I've seen it live! I was mighty surprised when they played it - in a good way.
steerpike

An earlier version of the song had the extra verse in it which I really think adds to the song so much.

I agree with this lots - I really love the extra verse, I don't know why they ever cut it out. I like the acoustic version way more than the one on Kid A as well. Fully approve.

As for best album and best song? Hmm... really hard. When OK Computer came out, I liked it way more than I've ever liked an album before. But right now I think I like Kid A best.
Best song? Errr... come back to you on that one. I can't pick.
Reply 189
covered farm wagon
I agree with this lots - I really love the extra verse, I don't know why they ever cut it out. I like the acoustic version way more than the one on Kid A as well. Fully approve.

As for best album and best song? Hmm... really hard. When OK Computer came out, I liked it way more than I've ever liked an album before. But right now I think I like Kid A best.
Best song? Errr... come back to you on that one. I can't pick.

WHERE does everyone get hold of that acoustic version of Motion Picture Soundtrack? It's not been released on any EP's has it? It seems impossible to get hold of!
Did I try and send it to you once? I think I've got it on CD, but it might be at home, which I'm not going to for another five weeks... I got it off Kazaa a while ago, but it took a while to get because there's not many copies of it around anymore it seems. Not that I think Kazaa is a good idea, because it fills my computer with viruses every time I use it. Which version of the extended version have you heard?
Reply 191
I think you did send it to me once, aaaages ago (well remembered!) but I don't think it worked for some reason. I might download kazaa again, as much as I hated it for destroying my computer.
I'm back! :biggrin: Woo.

I've had a lot of time to think about my answer to the question of what my favourite album/song is. To be honest I haven't got very far...

I would say that The Bends is my top album and recently Pyramid Song is top song. They'll both change though I am sure. :smile:
steerpike
I think you did send it to me once, aaaages ago (well remembered!) but I don't think it worked for some reason. I might download kazaa again, as much as I hated it for destroying my computer.

Argh, be careful with Kazaa... I really hate it! If I can find the CD I'll have a go at sending it to you again, but I'm not very clever at music files so I'm not entirely sure how. It's a really beautiful song though.
Welcome back dude!

I brought "I might be wrong" today! Far too good! Idioteque is so raw!

Do people prefer morning bell off Kid A or Amnesiac better? I prefer the one of Kid A slightly...
Phonicsdude
Welcome back dude!

Do people prefer morning bell off Kid A or Amnesiac better? I prefer the one of Kid A slightly...

Danke! :smile:

I think the Kid A one gets my vote too... just. It's longer and more Radiohead is always good, so that's one reason! I also just prefer it generally.
Reply 196
Phonicsdude
Welcome back dude!

I'm dying to know what radiohead do in the middle of that Idioteque track, the crowd seems to go absolutely beserk at something!

And I prefer the kid A one too, it's more sort of 'flowing' if you get me drift.

welcome back englishstudent!
steerpike
I'm dying to know what radiohead do in the middle of that Idioteque track, the crowd seems to go absolutely beserk at something!

Here's my guess, but it's only a guess. When Radiohead toured in 2003 I saw them quite a few times, and whenever they played Idioteque Thom did this crazy sort of dancing... I read a review somewhere where they described it as "eppy-dancing" which made me giggle, and it was quite amazing - I wish I could dance like that! So yeah, I reckon that's what he was doing then, but I might be wrong (sorry, that was poor).
Is it like the dance he does in the 'just' video? I always do that! It is so cool!
Phonicsdude
Is it like the dance he does in the 'just' video? I always do that! It is so cool!

Kind of yes, I think so! I can't remember how the dance in the 'Just' video went though... was that the video where the man lay down in the street, and the other man fell over him?

Quick Reply

Latest