The Student Room Group

Epq medicine based ideas

hi im currently in lower 6th of my college and I'm really stuck on choosing an EPQ topic. I would like to hopefully pursue into the career of medicine so i would like to base my EPQ on medicine. Furthermore, I want to base it on plastic surgery and how damaging it can be. But i'm stuck on how to word the question.

Some ideas i made was
'to what extent is plastic surgery a solution body dismorphic disorder'
but as i have done some research, there are very little sources relating to both of them.
So i need to find a new idea fast since i want to complete my EQ by may 2020.

Please help me!
Also sorry for any grammar errors i am doing this in a hurry,
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
That sounds like a good idea.

Yeah studying medicine is a dream

My GCSE grades were alright I guess, I got one 9, eight 8s and one 7, wby?

Lol which unis are you thinking of applying to.
Reply 2
Oooo you did good well done !!! Don't worry just ace your A Levels

Your EPQ sounds so interesting, bet you'll do amazing.
good luck :smile:

I've decided that I wanted to do a 180 turn on my EPQ.
I'm doing mine on Lyme disease, let's keep in touch lolll.

I'm applying for Manchester (my top priority), Bristol, Leeds, Cardiff

You should apply for Manchester !!!

I think you'd be a great psychiatrist. I can't wait to go to uni and study medicine haha.

I really want to become a plastic surgeon and do cosmetic surgery in East Asia.

Btw what subjects are you taking for ALevel?
Reply 3
Who said that, they are sooooo wrong omg. You so will get into medicine, don't even listen to them.
Do you have any social media lollll so we can talk more, I hardly go on here ahaha.

Yh I'm chinese ahahahahah. Asian represent :tongue:

I live in Manchester and omg when you said about u don't wanna go far from home that's with me too!! I really don't wanna leave my family cus they are literally my life haha.

Yeah I think my college told me about that MedView thing, and I also need to like plan what I'm gonna say, thanks for the heads up x
Have you heard about the Uniq scheme Oxford is doing. I haven't applied yet but I will do this weekend. You should apply if you haven't yet.

Im doing bio, chemistry and maths, hahah.
Reply 4
Original post by ry2828
Who said that, they are sooooo wrong omg. You so will get into medicine, don't even listen to them.
Do you have any social media lollll so we can talk more, I hardly go on here ahaha.

Yh I'm chinese ahahahahah. Asian represent :tongue:

I live in Manchester and omg when you said about u don't wanna go far from home that's with me too!! I really don't wanna leave my family cus they are literally my life haha.

Yeah I think my college told me about that MedView thing, and I also need to like plan what I'm gonna say, thanks for the heads up x
Have you heard about the Uniq scheme Oxford is doing. I haven't applied yet but I will do this weekend. You should apply if you haven't yet.

Im doing bio, chemistry and maths, hahah.

Dang, 4 years is a long time. A lot will have happened like COVID and stuff. I wonder if you’ll see this. But, I found this thread since I am doing my EPQ on Lyme disease. I hope yours went well, and your applications and stuff too

Quick Reply

Latest