The Student Room Group

TSR Radiohead Society : Fake plastic thread

Scroll to see replies

See I actually quite like Fitter Happier. I like the lyrics.
Reply 381
Time to realise, girls and boys, that Let Down is the Queen of OK Computer, and OK Computer is the emperor of Radiohead albums.

I want to be a kicking, squealing, RadioheadSoc little piggy.
Reply 382
My problem with Fitter Happier is not that it's necessarily bad or that the lyrics are stupid or anything like that (I'll make no value judgment on those things here at all), but that after a few listens, it loses any purpose in the album as a whole. And since the album as a whole is OK Computer's strength -- though less so than Kid A, maybe -- Fitter Happier is the worst track on the album.
Reply 383
I agree that FH has no real point in the album, but pretty experimental nontheless. But does keep the interest whenever someone mentions OK Computer - "Why did they put <i>that</i> track on there?"
Reply 384
I agree that FH has no real point in the album, but pretty experimental nontheless. But does keep the interest whenever someone mentions OK Computer - "Why did they put <i>that</i> track on there?"

wrong tags mate :biggrin:
jbcubed3
I agree that FH has no real point in the album, but pretty experimental nontheless. But does keep the interest whenever someone mentions OK Computer - "Why did they put that track on there?"

lol.... experimental indeed!

It's alright. I skip past it when I can be bothered.
Reply 386
I think with fitter happier, it has to be listened to if you're listening to the album as a whole. If you listen to it individually it seems a bit pointless, but the way it links with the songs in between gives it meaning.

At least, that's what I think anyway...
i think it's sh*te! :p:
Reply 388
steerpike
I think with fitter happier, it has to be listened to if you're listening to the album as a whole. If you listen to it individually it seems a bit pointless, but the way it links with the songs in between gives it meaning.

At least, that's what I think anyway...

That's true, it's like an alternative to a nice instrumental bridge between songs.

I went to the beach today and drew the Radiohead Bear symbol used for the TSR society, shame i didn't have a camera!
Reply 389
I want the 'Talk Show Host' and 'No surprises' analysis...

...Cheers :-)
Xanthe
I want the 'Talk Show Host' and 'No surprises' analysis...

...Cheers :-)

I want to end world poverty.

:smile:

So if you want to complain, please do so on the LSE forum. Cheers!

Edit: I will do no surprises next week when I have some free time to think and tpye/when I can be bothered.
OK. the frontpage has been updated and its got a bit of more misc info on.

Id like to start doing quick synopses of Radiohead's albums and Eps in cronological order. I dont have all of them so i cant do all of them! :p:

But also they ony need be a paragraph long. For the EPs and a couple of the albums, they can serve to inform radioheaders who might not have the album, for the bends and OK computer they can serve to convince infidels ( :rolleyes: ) how good radiohead are.

If you've got the logo, then youll get a PM! :smile:

It is by no means compulsory to join in, but it would be good to have a few different accounts to choose from. You will get credit for it on the title page, with a link to your post.

Oh...and rep. :smile:

First up: Pablo Honey!

Edit: Deadline, Friday, 10 am. Post entries in here...bien sur!
Reply 392
Phonicsdude
I want to end world poverty.

:smile:

So if you want to complain, please do so on the LSE forum. Cheers!

Stop being sarky. Or I'll spam on your thread, the way you've done on mine. Understood?
Babyshambles
i think it's sh*te! :p:

Lets stop slagging off the poor lonely song :p:

Still, the rest of OK Computer kicks ass so it doesn't really matter does it?
Good to see this thread is still going strong, not been around much lately.

Gutted to see RH aren't playing Live8, still, Pink Floyd more than make up for it I think!

Have any new tracks been leaked or heard by anyone yet? I know its really early days but you never know! :biggrin:
Xanthe
Stop being sarky. Or I'll spam on your thread, the way you've done on mine. Understood?

Since when have I become a raging feminist and started allowing women to voice their opinion?
So now not only do women think they are allowed to have an opinion, but they can assert some sort of imaginery authority over men?
Next you'll be given the vote. :rolleyes:

If you spam on here I shall post hatemail about you over the internet. Understood? :biggrin:

:love:
Reply 396
Phonicsdude

If you spam on here I shall post hatemail about you over the internet. Understood? :biggrin:

:love:

I love you too much to respond to this with an insult/expletive. Love ya honey bunch! Hope ya like my profile... :handkiss: :love:
Disingenuous.
Reply 398
Does anyone have any objections if i put this in the societies forum?
Id rather it be in the music forum.
There is more chance that it will be found by those interested in music that way.

I thought the societie's forum was for truly miscellaneous socs like the left-handers, tall girls and pirates societies...

Quick Reply

Latest