The Student Room Group

TSR Radiohead Society : Fake plastic thread

Scroll to see replies

If you still want Rabbit on your headlights, i'll send it on now...i was meaning to do it when you both posted but I kinda forgot! :smile: I've also got the video for it somewhere but it's quite a big file :-/

Infact can't I just attach it and let people download it from here? hmm we'll see...

edit: no i can't! too big. :frown:
If you still want Rabbit on your headlights, i'll send it on now...i was meaning to do it when you both posted but I kinda forgot! :smile: I've also got the video for it somewhere but it's quite a big file :-/

Infact can't I just attach it and let people download it from here? hmm we'll see...

edit: no i can't! too big. :frown:
email it?
Reply 583
Jimmocrates
"...in the hail to the thief i love the singles and wolf at the door but the rest is pants..."
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Have you not heard just how beautiful Sail to the Moon is? Have you not heard Thom croon along live to it!!!anyone else who has will agree with me that it is absolutely sublime. I Will, A punchup at a wedding, in fact come to think of it, the whole bloody album is fantastic

Sail to the moon is good but its ruined by one chord and it does my head in everytime its used
Reply 584
for some reason i really like "fitter happier".....one of my favorite tracks off ok computer.....
In terms of making an album which is complete and runs smoothly, Fitter Happier is a good choice.
On vinyl FH would have been the last track before the switch: the second half would have exploded with electioneering...

But as a track in itself I cant bare to listen to it that often (unlike the other tracks that I would all take down to the backsheds for a quickie, such is their beauty).
FH is quotable howevr (NOT DRINKING SO MUCH! NOT FLUSHING SPIDERS DOWN THE PLUG HOLE!)
Everyone must have a favourite line...
getting on better with your associate employee contemporaries
Yes. Truly superb.

Which, in the context of the album, is the best closing line to an album:
"All wrapped up and sugar coated"
"Immerse your soul in love"
"idiot, slow down, slow down"
"I will see you in the next life"
"But someone's listening in"
or
"if I squeal to the cops".

All are absolutely fantastic endings to their respective albums. If you were to summarise the albums in 1 line, then they would all probably be it.
I dont think any of them quite matches "I will see you in the next life".
Phonicsdude

All are absolutely fantastic endings to their respective albums. If you were to summarise the albums in 1 line, then they would all probably be it.
I dont think any of them quite matches "I will see you in the next life".

Yeah I think that one has to win. Tempted by the OKC one, but only because I love that song so much.

--------------

Jimmocrates
What got you all hooked on radiohead? i was a young whipper snapper of a 13 year old when karma police reeled me in. OK computer becane essential listening for months. i didn't listen to the bends for a year or so which i now can't understand. its all good stuff. i don't find any of the albums difficult to like, pretty much whatever my mood is. woo!

PS: Anyone else seen the new merchandise stuff? i really like the circus-esque design of the things they're selling now. i want a drinking vessel

PPS: why is the radiohead society so far down the topics list.shocker!

Might have been Knives Out on one of those Now XX Cds (well actually it was a cassette back then).

I kinda want a drinking vessel too, if only for its name.
Reply 589
They put knives out on a NOW CD :eek:

Cant beleive that
Nor can I.
I dont know what she's going on about.
Or it might be on one of those hits cds. Can't remember now.

It's not me being crazy though. I just checked, and Karma Police was on Now 38 and No Surprises was on Now 39.
I want you to know. Im not coming back.
Reply 593
Whats every radiohead fans view on Pop Is Dead?
Ive only heard the version live at the Astoria.
It's early radiohead innit.
Reply 595
Ed O'Brien is on Zane Lowe's show tomorrow on Radio 1 talking about the new album and other such Radiohead affairs. I think a bit of quality time spent listening to Ed is in order, fo sho
Excellent. Except that does mean I'll have to listen to Zane Lowe. I warn you, there may be vomiting.
Oh, and you can ask him questions here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/alt/zanelowe/ask_stars.shtml
Reply 598
clockworkapples
Excellent. Except that does mean I'll have to listen to Zane Lowe. I warn you, there may be vomiting.

He's good if you enjoy listening to a bit of brown nosing and I must admit, I do. I reckon there'll be plenty tomorrow. God bless Australasians.

Anyone gonna email a question to dear Zane?
Maybe I'll be ok, as I'll only be hearing him rather than hearing and seeing him like I used to when he was on MTV2 (sometimes the remote control just didn't respond quickly enough!). I'll have a photo of Johnny Depp on standby to calm me down.

I'm not sure about the question-posing. Maybe if I can wrench my brain out of my Italian homework then I'll think something up.

Quick Reply

Latest