The Student Room Group

TSR Radiohead Society : Fake plastic thread

Scroll to see replies

Presumably NMH comes into that somewhere as well... Heh.

Still in love with this album. I thought I'd get sick of it. I've got past the stage of listening to nothing else, but I still can't find many faults with it. Yay! :biggrin:
Reply 1781
Feefifofum
Presumably NMH comes into that somewhere as well... Heh.

Still in love with this album. I thought I'd get sick of it. I've got past the stage of listening to nothing else, but I still can't find many faults with it. Yay! :biggrin:

NMH makes me smile! Despite the rather depressing nature of the lyrics, ITAOTS has some rather inspiring tracks. Especially Two Headed Boy and Communist Daughter.

Or perhaps I'm just rather backwards? :biggrin:
Bah! you're both wrong!

1.Jigsaw falling into place
2.Reckoner
3.All I need
4.Bodysnatchers
5.15 Step
6.Nude
7.Faust Arp
8.Weird fishes/Arpeggi
9.House of cards
10.Videotape (new one)
Reply 1783
Steezy20
http://www.the-iss.com/2007/10/radiohead.php

this made me chuckle slightly...

....not funny at all really :redface:

Anyway reckoner is top.
Radiohead - 01 and 10 playlist:
1. Airbag (OK Computer)
2. 15 Step (In Rainbows)
3. Paranoid Android (OK Computer)
4. Bodysnatchers (In Rainbows)
5. Subterranean Homesick Alien (OK Computer)
6. Nude (In Rainbows)
7. Exit Music (For A Film) (OK Computer)
8. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi (In Rainbows)
9. Let Down (OK Computer)
10. All I Need (In Rainbows)
11. Karma Police (OK Computer)
12. Fitter Happier (OK Computer)
13. Faust Arp (In Rainbows)
14. Electioneering (OK Computer)
15. Reckoner (In Rainbows)
16. Climbing Up The Walls (OK Computer)
17. House Of Cards (In Rainbows)
18. No Surprises (OK Computer)
19. Jigsaw Falling Into Place (In Rainbows)
20. Lucky (OK Computer)
21. Videotape (In Rainbows)
22. The Tourist (OK Computer)

http://puddlegum.net/ for info as to why.

Ok, I was dubious at first, there are a lot of theories like this surrounding radiohead, but this works too well to be a coincidence.
Reply 1785
Reckoner is probably my favourite track on the album, with Jigsaws and Videotape also being amazing. I think Nude is also one of the most beautiful things they've ever done.

In fact, the album is consistently great and strong throughout, with the exception of House of Cards which isn't overly great, but yeah it's awesome. I'm seriously considering buying the discbox.
mix it with ok computer!

it becomes amazing, seriously, if radiohead didn't intend on these two albums sounding like they do together then it's proof there is a god, and he's pulling strings to make the perfect album!
how do you join?
zzzzzoe
how do you join?

we are supposed to join.....:s-smilie:
LostRiot
Radiohead - 01 and 10 playlist:

http://puddlegum.net/ for info as to why.

Ok, I was dubious at first, there are a lot of theories like this surrounding radiohead, but this works too well to be a coincidence.

I just assembled that playlist and had a listen and.. well, it does work surprisingly well. A lot of the tracks really segue into each other nicely (apparently it's much better if you crossfade by 10 seconds), and lyrically, musically and thematically the two albums really do complement each other well. However, I'm not so sure that they fit together so well as to make some sort of super-album, as some sources seem to be suggesting. I imagine if you made a playlist combining Kid A and Amnesiac you'd get similar results. Still, it's all quite a cool idea! Somehow doubt it's real though.

EDIT: Well I skimmed through it with crossfade on and in most cases it made it worse (with some exceptions such as Subterranean Homesick Alien -> Nude). Most of the time it just ruins the slow fade-out, which in turn kinda screws up the atmosphere of the whole thing.
anyone watch any of the webcasts?
Reply 1791
nah was out, good?
I did. You can find them on youtube, Live performaces...
djjz13
nah was out, good?

yeh very good. Some good live performances of their songs. And three covers - of The Smiths, Bjork and New Order.

It really showed how human the band are. I think most see them as grumpy and showing litle emotion. In most of them though they were joking around and just being generally good to watch.
I caught the first few minutes, Bodysnatchers live in the studio I think it was, but I had to dash due to prior engagements :frown: Looked good from what I saw, no chance of a repeat is there? (it is Radiohead "TV" after all!)
elliotmcv
I caught the first few minutes, Bodysnatchers live in the studio I think it was, but I had to dash due to prior engagements :frown: Looked good from what I saw, no chance of a repeat is there? (it is Radiohead "TV" after all!)

all the 'tv' is on youtube. It isn't repeated on the actual website. They may do another show sometime, perhaps.
Reply 1796
Were these live webcasts?
vector
Were these live webcasts?

about 6 were going out live. and then the rest we pre-recorder that way. But all put together like a t.v show.
The clip of 15 step and the end of Se7en was hilarious! And Ed's DJ set was pretty funny.
Reply 1799
Ah ok. Got a rather superb Radiohead poster today :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest