The Student Room Group

GCSE Italian/Languages (AQA)

I have my GCSE Italian Speaking exam on Wednesday and I thought I was pretty prepared but I came across something that worried me. There is a role-play and a general conversation where they ask you about 2 topics but only now have I seen that there is also something called a "presentation".

I'm really confused, what is this presentation that they talk about? My teacher never told me I had to write something or memorise anything previously to this. I thought it would always be them asking questions and me just answering which is fine but what is this about a presentation?
The presentation is when you talk about one of your courseworks - you have to memorise one and your teacher will ask a couple of questions on it.

I did mine on 'School' but I could've chosen 'Holidays', for example. Also, whichever topic you do your presentation on, you won't be asked on it in the general conversation. Hope that helps. :smile:
Reply 2
sundance_kid
The presentation is when you talk about one of your courseworks - you have to memorise one and your teacher will ask a couple of questions on it.

I did mine on 'School' but I could've chosen 'Holidays', for example. Also, whichever topic you do your presentation on, you won't be asked on it in the general conversation. Hope that helps. :smile:

Wait, WHAT? I've not done any coursework for it though, no one told me about having to do any coursework for it. Infact, I was told that it was only roleplay and general discussion but having checked the AQA site I found out about this. I'm beginning to really panic now!
No no no! First of all, don't panic. Trust me, you will be fine.

I'm guessing you have done 3 pieces of coursework? All you have to do is memorise one, you don't need to do a seperate one.

I'd definitely ask your teacher about it, they probably should have told you...

But really, don't worry. You have ages of time.
Reply 4
sundance_kid
No no no! First of all, don't panic. Trust me, you will be fine.

I'm guessing you have done 3 pieces of coursework? All you have to do is memorise one, you don't need to do a seperate one.

I'd definitely ask your teacher about it, they probably should have told you...

But really, don't worry. You have ages of time.

No, that's the problem, I haven't done any coursework for it. I know Italian (used to live there) quite well (but not great) and so I'm only taking the exam, not actually done any lessons or any of that. I was told that it was just roleplay and discussion with the 6 options it could be on and they would ask me questions on 2 of those options.

Also, it's on Wednesday, that means I only have one day to get this done - what the hell? Why wouldn't they have told me such a thing?
I'm in the same(ish) position, Italian speaking exam coming up and I just realised theres a presenatation I probably should have learnt already.
The presentation is only 3 minutes long, and you have to talk quite slowly and clearly so the examiner can pick everything up from the recording, so you will probably end up not having to memorise the whole of your coursework, just a couple of paragraphs. You can always improvise if you have time left over :smile:
Hope that makes sense :smile: Good luck !!
Reply 6
It doesn't have to be coursework. Just a 1 and a half minute presentation on any topic from the GCSE, then 1 and a half minutes of questions on that. Most people who do coursework will use that as you have less to memorise but if you're doing the writing exam you won't have done coursework, so just write a short presentation.

I've also got my Italian oral on Wednesday, good luck!
My teacher told me that you can do a presentation but you don't have to. I did French last year and have Italian tomorrow. I haven't done a presentation for either. I just did (as higher tier) a role play B, a role play C, a chosen topic (that I chose but just got asked questions on) and a random topic which I was again asked questions on. The only difference between the topics was that I chose one and not the other- I didn't have a presentation for either. This was French and I got an A* so I can't have done it that wrong :smile:
You can do a presentation but if you feel happy just doing questions that's fine.
Reply 8
What exam board is the GCSE Italian under?

Latest

Trending

Trending