The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I get more annoyed when they do really well at exams and claim they didn't do any work. Textbook example being my Modern Studies prelim.

Friend: Yeah, I didn't do any work (with ****-eating grin)

He got 86%
Not really but to be fair that quite often happens to me. Not with "no" studying but often with very little. To be honest I could see why its annoying though. But if you get into the habit of studying you will be better able to cope than those who do little in the way of studying at university.

Sorry if that looks quite big headed, isn't meant to be.
Reply 3
It seems to happen to me quite a bit, I mean I don't seem to need to study very much to remember things compared to other people I know, which I can see (and I have been told) is pretty frustrating! I wouldn't get by with absolutely no study though.
Reply 4
Yeah.
Or when they say they haven't revised and you find out they actually have.
its more annoying when you used to be able to do it in GCSEs and now its A levels you realise its not working
Reply 6
Ive always studied like a mad woman:rolleyes: .. but ive been told by my family im rather driven.
I dont mind at all people doing well who study.. Its just getting beaten by someone who hasnt.
Im rather competitive like that 8-)
People get annoyed at me for doing little revision and doing well. I think i'm just better at revising efficiently than most people.
Reply 8
Meteorshower
People get annoyed at me for doing little revision and doing well. I think i'm just better at revising efficiently than most people.

This.

One of my friends literally does about 5 hours revision a night, in that time she has practically re-written the textbook for each subject. I showed her my consise notes and she was like "Oh thats a good idea..."
Reply 9
I'm like this for Computing, but I'll probably fail it as I have done little revision...I couldn't give a **** tbh lol
Reply 10
I don't like people who pretend to have done no revision, when they actually have. Why pretend you haven't put in the work? Is it really that embarrassing to admit that you've put some effort into your exams?

The subjects that interest me, I tend to pick up on a lot more. It just means little/no revision when the exam comes around, as I tend to have a pretty good memory. Subjects like History or Physics involve serious cramming sessions to try and scrape passes.

If you can pass your exams without revsion, well done to you. I'm jealous, if anything.
Reply 11
Nah I'm above that. Although you can tell when they lied because they get a bit annoyed when you're honest with them, if they become closer friends they'll open up more.
Reply 12
It doesn't really bother me much. It's up to them what they want to do, or whatever. I just concentrate on my own revision.

Latest

Trending

Trending