The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham hub error?

I checked the Nottingham hub today and it says I have a conditional offer to study law in China? Last time I checked it said "application received" but since then it changed to "conditional offer". I never applied to China, sent my UCAS application for the standard UK campus allocation. I never got any email from Nottingham or UCAS giving me an offer or rejecting me. I also have no new notifications on the hub website. It only shows when I check it on mobile, on desktop it says "A fatal PeopleCode SQL error occurred. Please consult your system log for details." I'm 99.99% sure this is some bizarre error, has it happen to anyone else?
Original post by aloexo
I checked the Nottingham hub today and it says I have a conditional offer to study law in China? Last time I checked it said "application received" but since then it changed to "conditional offer". I never applied to China, sent my UCAS application for the standard UK campus allocation. I never got any email from Nottingham or UCAS giving me an offer or rejecting me. I also have no new notifications on the hub website. It only shows when I check it on mobile, on desktop it says "A fatal PeopleCode SQL error occurred. Please consult your system log for details." I'm 99.99% sure this is some bizarre error, has it happen to anyone else?

SQL is database driven programming language - clearly UoN use that to manage student application records. Sounds like a system bug or perhaps an input data error.

id call UoN admissions on Monday, probably an easy fix on there end correcting something.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by mnot
SQL is database driven programming language - clearly UoN use that to manage student application records. Sounds like a system bug or perhaps an input data error.

id call UoN admissions on Monday, probably an easy fix on there end correcting something.

Yeah I think I will do that but I'm just very confused as I don't have an offer to study there lol
Original post by aloexo
Yeah I think I will do that but I'm just very confused as I don't have an offer to study there lol

They probably were updating your application and either mis-typed something or there was a system bug.

these things happen, notify them during normal hours and it will all get resolved.
Reply 4
Original post by mnot
They probably were updating your application and either mis-typed something or there was a system bug.

these things happen, notify them during normal hours and it will all get resolved.

Okay thank you. I think I will contact them on Monday, unless it resolves itself until then.
Original post by aloexo

They recently (this weekend) corrected the bugs on Nottingham hub, so I hope your application has been corrected now. Also, I had to ask - I have also applied to Nottingham, and my application status has been changed to "Conditional Offer", but I have not received any email with the official offer letter from the past one week. Did you receive yours in this time period?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous #1

They recently (this weekend) corrected the bugs on Nottingham hub, so I hope your application has been corrected now. Also, I had to ask - I have also applied to Nottingham, and my application status has been changed to "Conditional Offer", but I have not received any email with the official offer letter from the past one week. Did you receive yours in this time period?

Hey, glad they fixed that! Yes, I got my offer 4 days after the status change (on Monday).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending