The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Failed123
Soil, Respiration and the other two, what were they? lol It certainly wasn't any of those two though.

IMO it is respiration because if you think about it. carbon Dioxide is locked in the soil as carbon. Plants can't take in carbon so the source has to be the respiration. :yep:
JustSparkle
Lol does anyone remember doing the insulin question
which was 3 marks and you had to put an advantage nd disadvantage
What do you think you put down??

disadvantage: body may reject the pacreatic cellss
advantage: if successful, there will be less injections so the person can experience a more 'normal' life
Reply 402
That would give you two marks wouldn't it? Where would the other one come from?
Reply 403
Also surgery may be dangerous for disadvantages. and only 52% said it worked which is pretty low. Adv are no injections needed which stops pain and allows a nrmal life
ss4adib
That would give you two marks wouldn't it? Where would the other one come from?

probably a mini-conclusion at the end, i think the questin started with a 'discuss'
Reply 405
What you guys put for that Q on cystic fibrosis 1 in 30 but people who suffer is 1 in 900?

I put that it is only a probability and I also put that there are more people who are healthy so they are more likely to breed healthy children with someone suffering from cystic fibrosis and because its recessive the children won't have it.

(Hope it's right)
Faith01
What you guys put for that Q on cystic fibrosis 1 in 30 but people who suffer is 1 in 900?

I put that it is only a probability and I also put that there are more people who are healthy so they are more likely to breed healthy children with someone suffering from cystic fibrosis and because its recessive the children won't have it.

(Hope it's right)

i wrote something along the lines of... the disorder is caused by a recessive allele therefore it needs to be present on both chromosones in order to have an effect, many people contian one of the alleles and are therefore carriers but not sufferers.. just a more elongated version
Reply 407
purplestarfish
i wrote something along the lines of... the disorder is caused by a recessive allele therefore it needs to be present on both chromosones in order to have an effect, many people contian one of the alleles and are therefore carriers but not sufferers.. just a more elongated version

and so, 1/30 times 1/30 = 1/900! I also proved the calc.
Reply 408
Faith01

(Hope it's right)

As cystic fibrosis is recessive, both parents need to be carriers for the offspring to have the disorder. The chance of this happening is 1/301/30=1/9001/30 * 1/30 = 1/900.
Reply 409
IchiCC
As cystic fibrosis is recessive, both parents need to be carriers for the offspring to have the disorder. The chance of this happening is 1/301/30=1/9001/30 * 1/30 = 1/900.

I was going to put that but oh well 1 mark is OK.
Faith01
I was going to put that but oh well 1 mark is OK.

Was the question 1 mark or 2 marks??
JustSparkle
Was the question 1 mark or 2 marks??

i thought it was 3...
In regards to if enzymes are present when cullturing bacteria, they often are in cheese making as they are added to increase the separation of the cheese :smile:
Original post by Sorchaaaaaa
In regards to if enzymes are present when cullturing bacteria, they often are in cheese making as they are added to increase the separation of the cheese :smile:

Holy moly, topic necro! :eek:

This thread was made in 2009. There are currently two other threads on the impending AQA Biology exams.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2006536

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2006628

Feel free to post your questions and revision tips there. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ameliacook
im so scared that all that experiment crap comes up
in one of the past papers for b2 is said where does systic fibrosis effect?
and i thought well pretty straight foreward and wrote exactly what was in the text book, all organs especially pancreas and lungs
the answers was cell membranes!! what the ****?

(its Cystic Fibrosis) :P

Latest

Trending

Trending